The Student Room Group

A way to know you can stop revising this subject.

Well long story short(OK it is still long), I have been studying, found my exams to turn out great this far now i have a little more period to study and lots of other exams are coming up but i really do not know how i can finish with a subject. I have no way to know that i am done with revision, i had considered doing past papers for subjects till i get 100% but 2 of my subjects do not have any other than a set of specimen.
I had considered going through the specification (have done this 3times this year) though seeing the specimen papers show hidden elements to the specification makes me wonder.
subjects i am taking
CS Paper 1 and paper 2 to go
Maths C1 done C2 and D 1 to go
Further Maths fp1 done M1 and NM to go
Chemistry paper 1 done paper 2 to go
Physics paper 1 done paper 2 to go

Currently I'm trying to revise for chemistry physics and c2 as the other exams are a week after those. And I'm just thinking to my self that i have not been able to find an area where i can do any work other than spamming questions for c2 wherever i can find them

I really wonder if theres a way to checklist in a way that will give me maximum marks on an exam, given how different the current exams have been?

Obvious options i considered and am still considering:
Do all the book questions ( by that i mean redo since i have done most in class)
go through practice and specimen papers i have ( what i will definitely do)
past papers of different exam boards( have done around 35 in total has not helped for any part 1 exams at all)
Specification in as much detail as possible coverage.
Memorize textbook (have done this for physics)
alternative sites :tongue:hysicsandmathstutor revision & questions (mostly questions)

I am in fact considering to do all of this but i feel still variable despite that I know that i need and indication that i can be done and finished with something so i can move on.

Any advice anyone, ps I am aiming for 100% though this sounds more egoistic than i want to be...
Reply 1
Original post by Aoba
Well long story short(OK it is still long), I have been studying, found my exams to turn out great this far now i have a little more period to study and lots of other exams are coming up but i really do not know how i can finish with a subject. I have no way to know that i am done with revision, i had considered doing past papers for subjects till i get 100% but 2 of my subjects do not have any other than a set of specimen.
I had considered going through the specification (have done this 3times this year) though seeing the specimen papers show hidden elements to the specification makes me wonder.
subjects i am taking
CS Paper 1 and paper 2 to go
Maths C1 done C2 and D 1 to go
Further Maths fp1 done M1 and NM to go
Chemistry paper 1 done paper 2 to go
Physics paper 1 done paper 2 to go

Currently I'm trying to revise for chemistry physics and c2 as the other exams are a week after those. And I'm just thinking to my self that i have not been able to find an area where i can do any work other than spamming questions for c2 wherever i can find them

I really wonder if theres a way to checklist in a way that will give me maximum marks on an exam, given how different the current exams have been?

Obvious options i considered and am still considering:
Do all the book questions ( by that i mean redo since i have done most in class)
go through practice and specimen papers i have ( what i will definitely do)
past papers of different exam boards( have done around 35 in total has not helped for any part 1 exams at all)
Specification in as much detail as possible coverage.
Memorize textbook (have done this for physics)
alternative sites :tongue:hysicsandmathstutor revision & questions (mostly questions)

I am in fact considering to do all of this but i feel still variable despite that I know that i need and indication that i can be done and finished with something so i can move on.

Any advice anyone, ps I am aiming for 100% though this sounds more egoistic than i want to be...

You seem quite prepared so go through the specification in depth, they can't ask anything else. On the other hand they can ask anything vaguely related, so in depth clear the specification, make sure you can recall it, move on to the next subject after enough papers at 100%. Done...

Quick Reply

Latest