The Student Room Group
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

Kingston Through Clearing!!!

right now i am on my way 2 De MontFort Uni but i have a few doubts about that place....and want 2 now go Kingston.....If i was to go through clearing would i got a place on a decent business course n more importantly would i get place 2 stay in the NICE halls.....as i am a pretty social person that is important 2 me to get a place on campus near loads of girls...lol u no how it is.....neways would appreciate it if people could get back 2 me if they got through clearing and what not!!!!
Reply 1
Most of Kingston's courses end up in Clearing. I don't know that if that's the case for their business courses as those are quite popular.
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames
Reply 2
they do most through clearing?! sounds good, i've already shown interest in the uni they might let me in if i don't manage to get the ABB conditions. :-)
Reply 3
penwa
they do most through clearing?! sounds good, i've already shown interest in the uni they might let me in if i don't manage to get the ABB conditions. :-)

I'd say there's a good chance they will.
Reply 4
i just looked on the ucas website and i'm not sure if it is official but there is a huge list of universities in clearing and Kingston is there for my subject. Just thought i would share.
I just got into Kingston through Clearing. I was lucky as the course I wanted (International Business) still had places. However they told me there were no rooms left in the halls.
Anyone know any tips on finding accomodation this late?
Reply 6
hi, im also looking for accomm not on the campus - my mate got an offer through clearing and was told there are no spaces left in halls - any ideas of where she could look and move in immediatly.
Reply 7
The Kingston area is *very* expensive if you want to rent privately - you're looking at around £500 pcm for a studio and between £800-£1000 pcm for a two bed flat. You're also going to have to do a lot of ringing round to find agencies who will let to you, most won't take students. If you can, I'd try going through the uni, do they have an accommodation office, or lists of landlords? Also, I don't know if Kingston has a website but there might be something on there for students who've got space in a house or flat.

Areas to avoid: most of Kingston is pretty nice (and very expensive), but the Cambridge estate has a bit of a reputation. Roehampton and Kingston Vale are also ok areas, but you're more than likely going to end up on one of the estates round there. Personally I'd avoid the Danebury Avenue area, but the other bits of the Alton estate are ok. Handy for the Kingston Vale campus. Kingston Hill, the River Roads and North Kingston are the 'nicest' areas, but it's unlikely that you'll be able to afford to live there lol! Surbiton is ok too, and not far from the halls of residence, but again it's an expensive area and a lot of the local agencies won't deal with students. Also try looking in New Malden and Tolworth. The bus routes in this area aren't bad so anywhere in that area will be fine for travelling into Kingston. Kingston Uni also has it's own bus service, which is pretty good.

Just from my own experience, I wouldn't deal with Latimer estate /lettings agents. I'd also avoid Gascoigne Pees as they showed us by far the nastiest properties. If you do go through an agency, be prepared to pay a lot up front and keep your wits about you. Also, be prepared to be asked for a guarantor.
Reply 8
thanks for the help - i'll forward the info to my mate!

Latest

Trending

Trending