The Student Room Group

What to say when clearing

Just incase i don’t get the grades, what do i say when i am on the phone with kingston clearing? and what information do i need to have pre-ready. Also the course is fine art, do i need to make a new portfolio?
Original post by belo3o
Just incase i don’t get the grades, what do i say when i am on the phone with kingston clearing? and what information do i need to have pre-ready. Also the course is fine art, do i need to make a new portfolio?

Hi @belo3o ,

Theres not too much to it! You just need to say that youa re interested in the course and you'd like to make a Clearing application. It would be good to have your UCAS ID or Clearing number so that the university can access your application straight away.

They might also ask you to confirm a few personal details or academic results so it be wise to have those to hand, even though I'm sure you won't have forgotten after an hour or two!

Anything else you need the person on the phone should guide you on the day :smile:

Best of luck, I hope you don't need this information tomorrow!
Original post by belo3o

Hey!

Here are some of our top tips for nailing your Clearing phone call 👉 https://www.derby.ac.uk/blog/clearing-nail-clearing-phonecall/

Good luck 😊
Original post by Evil Homer
Hi @belo3o ,

Theres not too much to it! You just need to say that youa re interested in the course and you'd like to make a Clearing application. It would be good to have your UCAS ID or Clearing number so that the university can access your application straight away.

They might also ask you to confirm a few personal details or academic results so it be wise to have those to hand, even though I'm sure you won't have forgotten after an hour or two!

Anything else you need the person on the phone should guide you on the day :smile:

Best of luck, I hope you don't need this information tomorrow!

Don't they ask why you're interested in the course or anything funky
I was accepted into university through clearing. I called up and said, "Hi my name is _____ and I am interested in applying to your BSc ____ course through clearing."

I was asked my personal information and my qualifications and then given instructions to follow on Track to make it official. It wasn't treated as an interview.
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by belo3o

Hey there @belo3o !
All you need to do is let them know your name, your course you'd like to apply for and your A Level results. They should be able to tell you more about the course if you need any more assistance with that and they'll be able to give you as much information as possible about the clearing process and what goes on once they've received your application. Remember they're there to help you and almost everyone who calls will be nervous and full of questions so they know what to expect and will help you out as best as they can.

Hope this helped!
Lucy - Digital Student Ambassador SHU
Original post by belo3o

Simply say that you're interested in finding out more about their Fine Art course and the entry requirements through clearing. A few questions will be asked and then they'll process your results and go from there.
Best of luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending