The Student Room Group

Help me to find a good university, please

Hi everybody !!!
I come from Belgium, I am a new member and I am looking for a good university in London ...
I would like to join a Master in HR abroad for one semester
I would like to improve my English
Can you give me some advice, please?
Thank you very much :smile:
Reply 1
Generally speaking the best universities in London are UCL, KCL and ICL. There are many others that may be better for certain subjects like art/drama though :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Sawbones
Generally speaking the best universities in London are UCL, KCL and ICL. There are many others that may be better for certain subjects like art/drama though :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you :smile: :smile:

Do you know if UCL in London is a good university for a master's degree in human resources?
Reply 3
Any degree at UCL will be very good.. Look at the league tables to find out which universities are the best for your course though :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Any degree at UCL will be very good.. Look at the league tables to find out which universities are the best for your course though :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you for everything :smile:
I have one last question, when will the courses start and how do students apply, please? In our universities, courses start on 15 Septembe.
Original post by sarahbk02
Hi everybody !!!
I come from Belgium, I am a new member and I am looking for a good university in London ...

As UK Masters are only for one year, its very rare for someone to join just for one semester so you should check with the universities to see if they would allow you to do that.
Reply 6
Hi everybody !!!

Are you coming to the UK for one semester or for a year?
If you're coming for a semester you will probably have to look at the University you're at now and see what options they have for you to study abroad
If you're coming for a year then UCL, KCL, ICL and LSE, although ICL and LSE have very limited courses.

Also it seems to me a lot of people from outside of the UK only think about going to London. There are about 20 other very good universities outside of London so have a look at those as well
Reply 7
Thank you for everything :smile:
I have one last question, when will the courses start and how do students apply, please? In our universities, courses start on 15 Septembe.

In the UK we apply through UCAS
For undergraduate study you can pick up to 5 Unis to choose from, for Masters I'm not too sure
https://www.ucas.com

All Universities in the UK start at different dates, all start somewhere between September - start of October
Reply 8
Original post by jelly1000
As UK Masters are only for one year, its very rare for someone to join just for one semester so you should check with the universities to see if they would allow you to do that.

Oh it's for One year, all right!!But it's normal because in Belgium masters are only for one year.I think that one semester is valid only for erasmus program Thank you
Reply 9
Original post by JW22
For undergraduate study you can pick up to 5 Unis to choose from, for Masters I'm not too sure

All Universities in the UK start at different dates, all start somewhere between September - start of October

Thank you very much, you have done a lot for me :smile:
Original post by JW22

UCAS is only for undergraduates unless you are applying for a PGCE
Oh it's for One year, all right!!But it's normal because in Belgium masters are only for one year.I think that one semester is valid only for erasmus program Thank you

Erasmus is normally arranged through your home university.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You definitely have to include LSE on this list haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending