The Student Room Group

Civil Service Fast Stream 2016/2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Outrigger
Congratulations!

I (finally) found out I'd passed the numerical test for Finance just before Easter and got the job offer and welcome pack just now, so it took about one working week to come through for me. Parity suggested to me that it could take a few weeks when I asked them though, so not all offers will necessarily come through within a week.

Thank you! Useful to know :smile:
Original post by jtx045
Excuse me if this sounds like a stupid question but, can you 'fail' the FSB?! I assumed once you'd 'passed' the FSAC for Project Delivery that that was it, you'd get a job offer.

Where do we find out about this FSB interview?! What is it on? 😱

There is a video interview (via Skype or Google Hangouts) for PD after FSAC. You'll only get an invite if PD is your current first choice. You'll get an invite through your portal. Wouldn't be fair to say what's covered (and yes, people have reported they've failed), but I found the FSB guide to be useful
Original post by mjp73
There is a video interview (via Skype or Google Hangouts) for PD after FSAC. You'll only get an invite if PD is your current first choice. You'll get an invite through your portal. Wouldn't be fair to say what's covered (and yes, people have reported they've failed), but I found the FSB guide to be useful

Ah okay, thank you. I thought the pre-FSAC video interview was the only one, I feel quite silly now.

As I'm still amber-banded for generalist, this is why I won't have received my invite then yet. Does the FSB guide get sent/provided to you once you've been invited to do it? Or is it available already on the site somewhere?

Thanks for all your help!
Reply 5983
Original post by jtx045
Ah okay, thank you. I thought the pre-FSAC video interview was the only one, I feel quite silly now.

As I'm still amber-banded for generalist, this is why I won't have received my invite then yet. Does the FSB guide get sent/provided to you once you've been invited to do it? Or is it available already on the site somewhere?

Thanks for all your help!

You get invited once you have completed the application (and PD is your first choice). I've not seen anyone say they have experienced it on here, but if your application form isn't good enough they won't invite you to Skype interview. And even if you get the Skype interview, the application form still forms part of your FSB mark.
Original post by leahrb
Is there anyone attending the London FSAC tomorrow? I was due to attend the day after the terrorist attack and it was cancelled. I'm presuming we are the last batch. Feeling very nervous and unsure of what to expect. Congrats to everyone on getting through the FSAC!

Has anyone else got an FSAC after this date?

Would love to know if it's safe to presume this is the last AC so us final amber banded's can expect to hear back maybe as early as next week?!

Pls i beg u
It's that time of the week again.... FCO post-FSB lot, check in!

I'm hoping for news at the end of this week, as they said results would be out at the 'very end of April' to me on the day. Anyone got better information from a more recent FSB?
Reply 5986
Original post by ottopol

I'm hoping for news at the end of this week, as they said results would be out at the 'very end of April' to me on the day. Anyone got better information from a more recent FSB?

My FSB is this week (along at least two other forum members) - I'll post if I hear anything different. The guide on the application portal says that it could be as late as the end of May before we hear. Hopefully we'll hear earlier than that though!
Original post by jdw44
My FSB is this week (along at least two other forum members) - I'll post if I hear anything different. The guide on the application portal says that it could be as late as the end of May before we hear. Hopefully we'll hear earlier than that though!

Thanks, and good luck!
Original post by 16Halla
Sorry! I can't offer any advice, but might I ask how long it took between finding out you'd passed Generalist, and getting sent all the security check stuff to do?

Hiya, I found out I passed on the 14th Feb, then received the DBS check the next day which I completed and sent the day after. Then I completed the rest of the pre appointment checks that were listed on 'status' section within a couple of a weeks. Only thing I don't have is the university certificate as I haven't graduated from my undergrad yet. Now I have to do an online security clearance form. So all in all, it takes a couple weeks and isn't that long.
It's been two and a half weeks since I submitted my application form for Social Research and am yet to hear back. How long did it take for others?
Original post by Kortnie
Has anyone else got an FSAC after this date?

Would love to know if it's safe to presume this is the last AC so us final amber banded's can expect to hear back maybe as early as next week?!

Pls i beg u

I was there on Friday and they said the last was Monday
Original post by ottopol

I think it's safe to assume that they're running behind! People still had the FSAC this week so it could be that there are more FSBs to come!
Original post by Tanglefoot
I've just been invited to the same one! Interesting that they let you change locations for FSAC, I was told in no uncertain terms that it was impossible to change locations when I tried.. I will try emailing them now as well then.

Incidentally I heard yesterday there are 6 dates for ORAC, so will be interesting to see how many are at each event to gauge what the competition is like for the ~60 places (if its the same from 2015). Although as you (I think) said previously, it's probably more about reaching a minimum standard at this stage, rather than direct competition.

How did your ORAC go yesterday? Well, I hope! Were there many there?
GSS candidates: I received an invite to the SAC today - despite the fact that I passed last year and am already a government statistician because of that. Was invited to 10th May but am on holiday so will be attending at the end of May
Original post by mjp73
Have you heard back yet? I know some people were hearing back really quickly, but had mine last week and not heard anything yet.

Wait, what is this for? Video interview for fast stream or SDIP?
Reply 5995
Buh when will we find out final outcome for Generalist :frown:
Original post by RichardJapanese
Wait, what is this for? Video interview for fast stream or SDIP?

PDFSB Video Interview
Original post by Quaffle11
GSS candidates: I received an invite to the SAC today - despite the fact that I passed last year and am already a government statistician because of that. Was invited to 10th May but am on holiday so will be attending at the end of May

Is there no 'banking' of the SAC from last year? I assumed all analytical streams would follow the same setup. Regardless, I suppose you're in a good position of knowing what to expect at least. :smile:
Original post by Cornell
Is there no 'banking' of the SAC from last year? I assumed all analytical streams would follow the same setup. Regardless, I suppose you're in a good position of knowing what to expect at least. :smile:

I was sure it said on the application that you could bank your result from last year, and many of my civil service colleagues have expressed surprise, so I've sent an email to FS to ask them to double check.

But you're right, if I have to go, at least I'll know what to expect :smile:
Original post by Quaffle11
I was sure it said on the application that you could bank your result from last year, and many of my civil service colleagues have expressed surprise, so I've sent an email to FS to ask them to double check.

But you're right, if I have to go, at least I'll know what to expect :smile:

Yes, for GES it was said EAC could be banked for the following year, and they managed to sort it out for me so I'd assume it would be the same for you for SAC. They just needed the application number from last year so I'd send that through if you still have it.

Hopefully it all works out!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending