The Student Room Group

Civil Service Fast Stream 2016/2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DannyM25
I'm in the same boat.
Just phoned Parity and they said to email them with the issue so they can pass it on to the video guys. I put Generalist down as my number 2 and Diplomatic service down as my number 1 choice.

If they've lost my interview I'd love the opportunity to do it again and perhaps make it less of a train wreck...:colonhash:

I'm the exact same! Didn't even think about not having had an email - does it mean that we still have completed it!?
Original post by gelcoc
I'm the exact same! Didn't even think about not having had an email - does it mean that we still have completed it!?

My guess is they just have a backlog and haven't got to us yet. I only completed it yesterday afternoon. However, I would love to have to do it again as my video interview was a train wreck.
Anyone thought of any back up options?
My guess is they just have a backlog and haven't got to us yet. I only completed it yesterday afternoon. However, I would love to have to do it again as my video interview was a train wreck.

Just for comparison time wise... I completed my interview yesterday morning and sent a query to parity about it all uploading okay - they also forwarded it to launchpad (they confirmed they'd done this at 11:30) I then got a response from launchpad at 17:30 same day (it had all uploaded fine - although i'm not sure that's a good thing ha)
Original post by SarahLouise123uk
Just for comparison time wise... I completed my interview yesterday morning and sent a query to parity about it all uploading okay - they also forwarded it to launchpad (they confirmed they'd done this at 11:30) I then got a response from launchpad at 17:30 same day (it had all uploaded fine - although i'm not sure that's a good thing ha)

Just seen that the dasboard says only to expect an email once your results are known. I was expecting an email to confirm submission like with the previous tests.
Just seen that the dasboard says only to expect an email once your results are known. I was expecting an email to confirm submission like with the previous tests.

Yes my dashboard updated saying completed but no email confirmation. I couldn't remember doing question 7 (must have been nerves ha) so emailed to check and got a pretty quick response actually saying all was okay.
Just did the video interview. Best time to forget how to speak English.
Hey Guys,

A new poster here (been a ghost on this thread). Just got an email saying that I passed my e-tray (Really happy, since I found the test hard) and been invited for a video interview. Congratulation to everyone who has made it this far. A lot of competition this year for the places (sigh *brexit*). The final hurdle before the AC's is the video interview.

To everyone who has done the interview, can you guys give me some advice on how to prepare for the interview. I know its a competency based interview and probably asking my motivations for the FS scheme. I haven't had much interview experience, it would be really helpful if you could share tips on how you guys prepared for the interview and how to not generally freeze up during the interview.
I have only had 1 experience of a video interview recently (did a lloyds video interview recently and completely bombed it lol).

So any help is appreciated.
Thanks a lot
Original post by larry15842
Hey Guys,

A new poster here (been a ghost on this thread). Just got an email saying that I passed my e-tray (Really happy, since I found the test hard) and been invited for a video interview. Congratulation to everyone who has made it this far. A lot of competition this year for the places (sigh *brexit*). The final hurdle before the AC's is the video interview.

To everyone who has done the interview, can you guys give me some advice on how to prepare for the interview. I know its a competency based interview and probably asking my motivations for the FS scheme. I haven't had much interview experience, it would be really helpful if you could share tips on how you guys prepared for the interview and how to not generally freeze up during the interview.
I have only had 1 experience of a video interview recently (did a lloyds video interview recently and completely bombed it lol).

Thanks a lot

Used to happen to me too, was Lloyd's also I think a couple years ago...

I'd say practice is the only thing you can do, and be relaxed etc
I did 7 questions and then when I pressed continue after the 7th it said I've completed all the questions and to press continue to go to my dashboard. Is this correct? Or should I mail parity?
Original post by melovechias
I did 7 questions and then when I pressed continue after the 7th it said I've completed all the questions and to press continue to go to my dashboard. Is this correct? Or should I mail parity?

I would probably email Parity because it is mentioned in a fair few places that there should be 8 questions. I believe it is pretty much a fact that those that went through the video interview without any technical questions had 8 questions. There's also no harm in emailing them; best case, everything is fine and it puts your mind at rest :smile:

I could have sworn this happened to me too so I emailed and they checked for me. If you drop Parity an email they will forward it on to Launchpad to check.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by larry15842
Hey Guys,

Thanks a lot

I would definitely look closely at the level 3 tiers of the four competencies they are testing, next... sit and repeatedly practice answering questions whilst filming yourself, making sure you are looking at the camera.
Reply 1793
Has anyone done the interview on a phone?

The website is not working and I have only 8 hours left to do it, but I have a parent teacher meeting this afternoon and then the kids are home. I've been trying for a couple of days now and their advice is to take it on an IOS or Android device: ie, a phone.

This just feels so informal and I am on the brink of tears right now because I've worked really hard to get to this point and I don't want to be marked down for it looking like a snapchat conversation - I've never even taken a selfie!

So frustrating.
Original post by ecw87
Has anyone done the interview on a phone?

The website is not working and I have only 8 hours left to do it, but I have a parent teacher meeting this afternoon and then the kids are home. I've been trying for a couple of days now and their advice is to take it on an IOS or Android device: ie, a phone.

This just feels so informal and I am on the brink of tears right now because I've worked really hard to get to this point and I don't want to be marked down for it looking like a snapchat conversation - I've never even taken a selfie!

So frustrating.

I'm afraid I haven't but as they recommend it on their site I can't see how it would be fair to mark you down for doing so. Before you start the interview you are able to record a practice question and watch it back then re-film etc as many times as you like, so should hopefully be able to work on angles etc and be comfortable with how you present yourself before starting.

Hope this helped. Good luck!!
Reply 1795
Original post by SarahLouise123uk
I'm afraid I haven't but as they recommend it on their site I can't see how it would be fair to mark you down for doing so. Before you start the interview you are able to record a practice question and watch it back then re-film etc as many times as you like, so should hopefully be able to work on angles etc and be comfortable with how you present yourself before starting.

Hope this helped. Good luck!!

Thank you for your help. I actually have just found that I can't do it on my phone anyway as my phone doesn't support the app. I'm fed up with this application. Had to wait a month for them to sort out the e-tray problems and then they lost all my answers so I had to take the test again, and now this rubbish with the video interview. Not sure I even want to work for the civil service any more if this is how they function! (rant over!)
Hey guys, I wanted to say thank you to everybody that wrote in here giving advice for the video interview! I just took mine and I think it went reasonably well so hopefully my answers are the kind of thing they're looking for! I actually found looking at the camera pretty easy but I often FaceTime and Skype with friends and parents so that may have had something to do with it! But good luck everyone, can't wait until we all find out!!
Well that was a bloody nightmare. I tried my best to prepare for it, but had a complete mind blank for most of the questions, stumbled over my words etc. I'm really not hopeful after that. Bugger.
Got an email back saying I completed all the questions but i'm sure I only did 7! I guess I must have done 8 and not realised! Good luck everyone
Got an email back saying I completed all the questions but i'm sure I only did 7! I guess I must have done 8 and not realised! Good luck everyone

Exactly the same with me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending