The Student Room Group

What do I do in Year 13?

Hi everyone :smile:

I'm in Year 12, and I'm doing French, Geography, Travel and Tourism and Economics (Economics was a last minute addition at the start of the year) I want to drop one subject in Year 13 because I don't feel that I can continue doing 4 but I'm really lost on what I should do for several reasons :frown:

Firstly, I am continuing French and Travel and Tourism next year but Geography and Economics are the problem areas. Before my exams, I was thinking of dropping Economics because it's confusing and my weakest subject (although less stressful) but I'm pretty sure that I failed my Geography exam (the knowledge exam was absolutely horrible). Because of that, I was adamant that I wanted to do well on my Economics exam and after doing well in my first exam, revised hard for the second exam (Macro) which was the area I knew nothing about and I think I did quite well. However, the really good Economics teacher is leaving and I don't think I could pass A2 Economics with the other teacher (the whole class think this as well), but I don't think I passed Geography or feel confident to do A2 Geography either.

Does anyone have any advice? I feel really lost :frown:
(Btw, I hope this makes sense to you all)
Reply 1
Original post by IKEAPanda37
Hi everyone :smile:

I'm in Year 12, and I'm doing French, Geography, Travel and Tourism and Economics (Economics was a last minute addition at the start of the year) I want to drop one subject in Year 13 because I don't feel that I can continue doing 4 but I'm really lost on what I should do for several reasons :frown:

Firstly, I am continuing French and Travel and Tourism next year but Geography and Economics are the problem areas. Before my exams, I was thinking of dropping Economics because it's confusing and my weakest subject (although less stressful) but I'm pretty sure that I failed my Geography exam (the knowledge exam was absolutely horrible). Because of that, I was adamant that I wanted to do well on my Economics exam and after doing well in my first exam, revised hard for the second exam (Macro) which was the area I knew nothing about and I think I did quite well. However, the really good Economics teacher is leaving and I don't think I could pass A2 Economics with the other teacher (the whole class think this as well), but I don't think I passed Geography or feel confident to do A2 Geography either.

Does anyone have any advice? I feel really lost :frown:
(Btw, I hope this makes sense to you all)

take advice from someone who's about to finish a2, DO SOMETHING YOU'RE INTERESTED IN AND SOMETHING YOU ENJOY seriously, otherwise it'll be such a drag and you'll want to quit
I agree. Do something you enjoy. I had to do an extra year because I did the wrong subjects. Remember, you can always retake modules!

Quick Reply

Latest