The Student Room Group

AQA EngB3 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by chlo563
I've been feeling really bad about how this exam went so decided to look for this thread. Looking through this has NOT helped, seeing that people have written like 10/13/37 pages overall because I wrote five and a half for the whole thing. I am now feeling really annoyed at myself and obviously now know this won't be a good grade. Can I retake this exam next year due to the change to Linear A Levels?

Yes you can still retake, they will have papers for those students doing resits (same as in history etc) However with english lang it really is about quality!! In class a 4 page written essay on language change got me an A* mark whereas some like 8 pages long have scraped Bs. As long as you feel you picked out some good things and used all the correct terminology etc you cant get a really low grade!!
Original post by chlo563
I've been feeling really bad about how this exam went so decided to look for this thread. Looking through this has NOT helped, seeing that people have written like 10/13/37 pages overall because I wrote five and a half for the whole thing. I am now feeling really annoyed at myself and obviously now know this won't be a good grade. Can I retake this exam next year due to the change to Linear A Levels?

I've seen people write 3 sides and get A's. It really doesn't matter, people tackle things differently so don't beat yourself up about it. What's done is done so don't worry about it :smile:
Original post by TheFailingNerd
Yeah, everyone who did the exam at my college said they thought the language change went bad, I think it's because there was so little to talk about in the question I picked? Don't know about yours :/

I thought there was a lot to write about.. But I felt like I was sounding more like a lit student than a Lang...
Original post by Gapyearstudent54
I thought there was a lot to write about.. But I felt like I was sounding more like a lit student than a Lang...

Lol well hopefully whatever you wrote sounded Englishy enough to get you AO2 marks!
Reply 64
Original post by HeatherLaff
Literally everything hahaha

Just a question, does the Oedipus Complex refer to the arguable suppressed emotions Victor feels for his mother which is partially evident through the transgression of natural creation? I struggle with the psyche, also quotes? quotes? quotes? or sneaky tips to push me to higher bands?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending