The Student Room Group

Resitting A-levels at Uni

I am currently in my first year of Uni, but have noticed that some jobs/internships still require A levels. Unfortunately, I didn't do well at A level, and so I am not eligible for these.
Does anyone know if it is possible for me to resit my A levels still? (Just the exams, not the teaching)
Reply 1
You could, but it'd cost you around £80 per paper and you'd have to do it in either January or May/June

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes, but do you have enough capacity to do that? Dont risk your uni education.
Reply 3
Original post by l1lvink
I am currently in my first year of Uni, but have noticed that some jobs/internships still require A levels. Unfortunately, I didn't do well at A level, and so I am not eligible for these.
Does anyone know if it is possible for me to resit my A levels still? (Just the exams, not the teaching)

You can (in the Summer only) though for some subjects your last chance would be next Summer as specifications are changing. Your cheapest and easiest option is the centre where you took the if they will have you. The entry deadline is mid Feb 2017 but you'd need to check they didn't clash with university exams (draft timetables are already on the exam board websites).

Be warned, however, that some employees would not consider A levels re-sat at this point.
Pointless.

They'll spot it took you more than 2 years to achieve them and will downgrade your application as a result.

The vast majority of grads don't go into 'grad entry schemes' - so you are not missing out on anything significant. Forget it and get on with making your degree/Uni experience the best you can.

Quick Reply

Latest