The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Breaking into Investment Banking

Hi everybody,

I was wondering if anybody might be able to give me some advice. I am currently employed as a fully qualified stockbroker in the city of London. I graduated last year from a Russell Group university with a high 2;1 in Biology, but am trying to break into Investment banking. I have been accepted onto the MSc Investment and Finance course at QM, but my big issue seems to be that I do not have an Investment Banking internship, which I understand is vital to getting a job in IB. I do not have an internship because my interest in Investment Banking arose post-undergrad degree. Does anybody at QM have any advice with regards to getting internships in Investment Banks at post-graduate level? They seem to only take first and second year undergrads into their internships. Could one theoretically get a summer internship or any other type of internship e.g during spring of a masters course? Any help would be much appreciated as I am really stuck!

Thanks
Reply 1
Well let me tell you son breaking into an investment bank is not a good start i'll tell you that
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Reply 2
Original post by yung7up
Well let me tell you son breaking into an investment bank is not a good start i'll tell you that

As unhelpful as that is, it made me laugh.
Original post by DannyC99
Hi everybody,

I was wondering if anybody might be able to give me some advice. I am currently employed as a fully qualified stockbroker in the city of London. I graduated last year from a Russell Group university with a high 2;1 in Biology, but am trying to break into Investment banking. I have been accepted onto the MSc Investment and Finance course at QM, but my big issue seems to be that I do not have an Investment Banking internship, which I understand is vital to getting a job in IB. I do not have an internship because my interest in Investment Banking arose post-undergrad degree. Does anybody at QM have any advice with regards to getting internships in Investment Banks at post-graduate level? They seem to only take first and second year undergrads into their internships. Could one theoretically get a summer internship or any other type of internship e.g during spring of a masters course? Any help would be much appreciated as I am really stuck!

Thanks

Hey! We have a really good careers department at uni and they will be able to help you out when you get here. They offer really good advice and will hopefully be able to find some opportunities for you :smile: Hope this helps -Sarah

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending