The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Hello from The University of Manchester!

Hi Everyone,

We just wanted to let you know that The University of Manchester now has an official presence on The Student Room, and we're here to answer any questions you might have about coming to Manchester.

We'll generally be leaving it to our wonderful student community to answer your questions and tell you what it's like here - we can see they've been doing a great job so far!

We'll just jump in if any of your questions are left unanswered, or if we think you've not been given the right information.

You can always, of course, contact us on here directly if you would like an official response from the University.

My name's Susannah and I work in the Student Communications and Marketing team. I'll usually be the person be responding on here. I'll do my best to get back to you asap but please note I'll only be here 9am-5pm, Monday to Friday.

I look forward to chatting with you soon! Good luck with your applications!

Susannah
Reply 1
Hi guys I have been offered a conditional offer for bio med from Manchester for ABB and they have put my A on chemistry. However after the exams I think I'm going to get the A in biology instead. Is there still a chance I still may be accepted.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by nini98
Hi guys I have been offered a conditional offer for bio med from Manchester for ABB and they have put my A on chemistry. However after the exams I think I'm going to get the A in biology instead. Is there still a chance I still may be accepted.

If it's for bio med then there's a good chance they'll still accept you.
Reply 3
hi there,

i'm currently being offered Meng Mechanical Engineering. i just wanna ask about sports in UoM. so how i can get involve in football? and what is the hall would you recommend me if my hobby is football? thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by University Of Manchester
Hi Everyone,

We just wanted to let you know that The University of Manchester now has an official presence on The Student Room, and we're here to answer any questions you might have about coming to Manchester.

We'll generally be leaving it to our wonderful student community to answer your questions and tell you what it's like here - we can see they've been doing a great job so far!

We'll just jump in if any of your questions are left unanswered, or if we think you've not been given the right information.

You can always, of course, contact us on here directly if you would like an official response from the University.

My name's Susannah and I work in the Student Communications and Marketing team. I'll usually be the person be responding on here. I'll do my best to get back to you asap but please note I'll only be here 9am-5pm, Monday to Friday.

Susannah

Hi Susannah,
This year I rejected Manchester for another university, however now I feel like I made a horrible decision. Do you think the UoM would treat my application fairly if I applied again next year? Or would there be stigma around my application?
Reply 5
Hi Everyone,

Susannah

Hello im thinking of applying to Manchester next year for medicine ive been told that they look mainly at UKCAT and personal statement. I have achieved 3A*s 5As and 2 Bs at gcse and have done 2 years volunteering in an old home, and experience in urology and radiology. I would like to ask if manchester look at AS results and what type of UKCAT result should i get to have a decent shot :biggrin:
Hi ur website for student accomodation isnt letting me register ? Is there anywhere i can apply? I only have a limited amount of time left??
Hi everyone! :banana:

I think that if you are new to Manchester Uni and/or this year will be your first one in this city, you should check out this thread!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4293700
Most common hall for undergraduate students ??
Reply 9
Can any one please tell me if there is an option of January intake for accounting and finance at Manchester university
My UCAS application was submitted a few days before 15th oct, and since then I have heard from all of my other 4 choices, telling me that they have received my application and are processing it. However, I have not received any email at all from Manchester. Should I be worried? I know that Manchester is supposed to send all applicants an email to inform them of a non-acads form that they're supposed to fill up to complete their application. But I have no idea why they've not contacted me at all, and whether they have contacted anyone else ://

Posted from TSR Mobile
Crazy how few replies this thread got
Hi Everyone,

Susannah

Hi Susannah,

I received an offer from UoM for BAEcon & Finance but I now want to switch to BSc International business,Finance and Economics . Is it possible to make this change ?

thanks
Hi !

Can't wait to start postgrad in September , so excited :laugh:
Reply 14
im currently studying management at lancaster university and considering moving to manchester next year i just wanted to know if students enjoy the management course, career aspects and whether students have lots to do on the social side?
Original post by oShahpo
Hi Susannah,
This year I rejected Manchester for another university, however now I feel like I made a horrible decision. Do you think the UoM would treat my application fairly if I applied again next year? Or would there be stigma around my application?

Hi,
I'm a student at UoM who had an offer from Manchester in 2012 but rejected it. I made a big mistake and hated my firm choice so decided that I wanted to reapply to Manchester again. I see no reason why you would face stigma for reapplying to Manchester. I would encourage you to mention why you feel Manchester is now your preferred university in your personal statement on UCAS again. Remember that you will have to go through UCAS again to reapply to Manchester unless you can ask for transferral (but this is quite rare). Make sure you visit the uni again to reaffirm that you're making the best possible decision. I say go for it - I don't regret reapplying to Manchester. It's an amazing university.

UoM Peer Mentor - French Studies

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending