The Student Room Group

How to get in to private tuition?

I want to start tutoring but I'm not sure where to start and where to sign up. If any of you have experience, would you recommend any particular sites? How else would you recommend getting the word out?

Thanks
Hi peanutbuttercup,

There are lots of ways in to private tuition. For advice on setting up independently as a private tutor, we'd recommend this checklist for tutors and tutor guide.

There's also a large forum of private tutors on Linkedin, who will share their experience and know-how with you.

For getting the word out, you can list yourself in a tutor directory or join a tuition agency. When choosing an agency, you can check to see if it's a member of The Tutors' Association.

I hope this helps!
Reply 2
I started tutoring by putting some postcards up in local newsagents and tesco express stores. If you want to know more just ask me. More than happy to help a budding tutor:smile:

Jacqueline
Original post by whitej32
I started tutoring by putting some postcards up in local newsagents and tesco express stores. If you want to know more just ask me. More than happy to help a budding tutor:smile:

Jacqueline

I'm interested to know more :smile:*

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending