The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Postgraduate accommodation help

Hi guys, it's time that I should decide on my accommodation in Warwick and I'll need your guidance.

As postgraduate, there are limited options for us. And I'm considering either:

1. Heronbank
2. Lakeside

I'm looking for a quiet environment.

On a side note, does the cleaning lady changes the bedsheet and pillow case? and how often?

Thank you.
From what I've seen I think Lakeside is slightly nicer than Heronbank, having said that I've chosen Claycroft so you might want to ask find out from someone who's actually stayed in one.

I guess that depends on whether the halls provides its own bedding? Usually you have to bring your own and clean it yourself but it should say on the website.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by p0tato
Hi guys, it's time that I should decide on my accommodation in Warwick and I'll need your guidance.

As postgraduate, there are limited options for us. And I'm considering either:

1. Heronbank
2. Lakeside

I'm looking for a quiet environment.

On a side note, does the cleaning lady changes the bedsheet and pillow case? and how often?

Thank you.

I don't live in either, but Heronbank and Lakeside are very similar. What I've found is that the noise very much depends on what flat you are living in, and where it is located in the building. I currently live in a very quiet flat (Claycroft), but my room faces out into the courtyard which can get noisy at times because any minor conversations echo really loudly. It also might depend on if you have someone noisy living above you. As I understand it, when you move into your on-campus accommodation in the third week or so you can arrange to move rooms with others in the hall, so if you'd rather be somewhere else you can change flats.
They're very similar, both pretty quiet in general. You change your own bedding.

Quick Reply

Latest