The Student Room Group

Student loan issues- discuss

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by rleah1998
I guess if they made the largest amount smaller then a lot of people would struggle but I think the government should look at each case more individually. I know they never will and it's too time consuming but the process is too general and too easy to abuse. I know quite a few people who have abused the system and got more money than they needed.

I do have 2 jobs but also worry that working so much at uni will affect my studies. It won't be so bad for me because I'm doing an Arts subject with a decent amount of contact hours but I have a friend in the same situation who is doing Chemistry and is worrying about having enough time for everything

It's hard. Because dealing with it individually would be timely, costly and intrusive. The problem is no matter the system someone will always lose out or be worse off.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mliela
It's hard. Because dealing with it individually would be timely, costly and intrusive. The problem is no matter the system someone will always lose out or be worse off.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree With you there, thankfully next year I'm being assessed as independent after having a chat with my uni advisors. It's a difficult mess to solve!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending