The Student Room Group

Physician Associate Studies 2017 entry

Scroll to see replies

Hey :smile:

I got interview to 10 universities and I got into university of surrey.

Interview is role play or its either getting questioned by doctors.

But just so off putting that you get zero funding and you have to pay the fees straightaway. Plus the degree only counts in UK can't even take it to America. Just so pointless don't want to be forced living in the UK.

So at the moment I am not sure whether to study it or not
Hi everyone, I'm hoping to apply for this course. I meet all the other entry requirements apart from 1. I got a C in my GCSE maths but in my English and other sciences (chemistry, physics and biology) I got As and Bs. I was only 1 mark away from a B in my maths. On the entry requirements for a couple of unis it says:
"All applicants should hold GCSE qualifications in Maths and English at grade B or equivalent. Applicants with equivalent or non-standard qualifications will be considered on an individual basis."
The last sentence in that makes me think that I still have a chance of applying and getting in. Is this correct or am just completely wrong?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by jonkrow1995
Hi everyone, I'm hoping to apply for this course. I meet all the other entry requirements apart from 1. I got a C in my GCSE maths but in my English and other sciences (chemistry, physics and biology) I got As and Bs. I was only 1 mark away from a B in my maths. On the entry requirements for a couple of unis it says:
"All applicants should hold GCSE qualifications in Maths and English at grade B or equivalent. Applicants with equivalent or non-standard qualifications will be considered on an individual basis."
The last sentence in that makes me think that I still have a chance of applying and getting in. Is this correct or am just completely wrong?

I got C's in everything except for science as I got a B but I managed to get 10 interviews, I only attended 4 of them as I got into surrey but I am in two minds about studying it with zero funding and only being able to work in the UK.
Well done on the 10 interviews. Which unis were they? Did you just apply or did you contact them first?
Original post by Pompomgirl
I got C's in everything except for science as I got a B but I managed to get 10 interviews, I only attended 4 of them as I got into surrey but I am in two minds about studying it with zero funding and only being able to work in the UK.

interviews. Which unis were they? Did you just apply or did you contact them first? Also what kind of background do you have?
Reply 466
Any one received an interview for 2018 intake ? north west
Reply 467
Any one applied and heard back re interview dates yet ?
Reply 468
For 2018 entry!!
Reply 469
any advice on what to prepare for the North West interview? I have mine next week, so nervous.
Reply 470
Hi I am really wanting to apply for PA course however don’t have an undergraduate in any science. I have a masters in public health. Spoke to admissions at St George who said I would need to do some physiology/human biology courses. I did chemistry, biology and maths at school but that was a long time ago. I would be 36 when starting (should I get in).Has anyone come from a non-science degree? If so how did you prepare. I have work experience in hospitals and plan on getting more. Just wondering whether I’d have any chance. 🤔😒
Original post by Liv36
Hi I am really wanting to apply for PA course however don’t have an undergraduate in any science. I have a masters in public health. Spoke to admissions at St George who said I would need to do some physiology/human biology courses. I did chemistry, biology and maths at school but that was a long time ago. I would be 36 when starting (should I get in).Has anyone come from a non-science degree? If so how did you prepare. I have work experience in hospitals and plan on getting more. Just wondering whether I’d have any chance. 🤔😒

A masters in public health would defiantly get you into the PA course in the north west. We have a student on my course who did the same degree as you but comes from a administration background with very little science knowledge :smile:
Reply 472
Original post by Macromolecular
A masters in public health would defiantly get you into the PA course in the north west. We have a student on my course who did the same degree as you but comes from a administration background with very little science knowledge :smile:

Oh thank you, that’s very interesting. I wonder how they are coping without the science background? I understand there is a lot of assumed knowledge. I was thinking of doing a physiology course through open university prior to applying. X
Reply 473
Original post by Macromolecular

Thank you. Can I ask what Uni you are at so I can look into it further?
Original post by 1986AJ
I am an international student looking to apply for the physician associate course. Which universities have you applied for? Do international students get to work in UK after completion of course?

Hi ...i am also a international student want to study PA course...i recently came your thread...i also have the same doubts like you...pls tell did you join any PA course?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending