The Student Room Group

PA -> Med

If I don’t get into Med after reapplying and do physician associate studies, can I apply for graduate entry medicine or is this course not accepted/seen as having a different motive than med?

Since PA leads to a similar type of role but less of a managerial responsibility.
(edited 6 months ago)
Original post by Idk131
If I don’t get into Med after reapplying and do physician associate studies, can I apply for graduate entry medicine or is this course not accepted/seen as having a different motive than med?

Since PA leads to a similar type of role but less of a managerial responsibility.

In principle quite a few aspects of the role are different and not purely in managerial areas.

In any event, if you're absolutely focused on doing medicine as in this case you would be better off just taking a gap year(s) and reapplying (and retaking in that time if needed). It will take longer and cost more (including out of pocket) to go down the medicine as a graduate route (either for GEM or standard entry medicine as a graduate) and it's much more competitive than standard entry medicine as a school leaver.
Reply 2
Original post by artful_lounger
In principle quite a few aspects of the role are different and not purely in managerial areas.

In any event, if you're absolutely focused on doing medicine as in this case you would be better off just taking a gap year(s) and reapplying (and retaking in that time if needed). It will take longer and cost more (including out of pocket) to go down the medicine as a graduate route (either for GEM or standard entry medicine as a graduate) and it's much more competitive than standard entry medicine as a school leaver.

I understand what you mean but my parents won't let me take another gap year. I am already on a gap year and I don't think I would want to take another one just because I have experienced this year how unpredictable/terribly wrong the UCAT exam can go (computer crash and loss of time). I would rather be in education than (potentially) getting rejected in the second gap year. Grad entry was a backup plan for me as I don't think I could stand another gap year as well

Thanks for your insight x
(edited 6 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending