The Student Room Group

Worried about not getting offers from wanted universities.

Hi guys,

so, I am about to finish off my AS exams this friday (D1 exam) and then I will be applying for universities, hoping to get an offer from one of them, atleast.

I study Maths, Further Maths, Physics and IT.
I am predicted to get AABB for these subjects, but honestly I am not sure what I will be getting for physics, worst case scenario a C.. hopefully not a D.

Anyway, I want to study Computer Science once I leave college and I want to apply to:

Imperial and UCL but I still haven't made my mind up for the other ones as I'd like to stay close to where I love (North London) and to be honest there aren't many great universities here apart from Imperial, UCL maybe Kings College and Queen Mary.

I don't know if Imperial will even look at my application and not sure if UCL will accept me either since both of those universities expect high grades..

So should I just accept my grades and expect not to go to 'not so top tier' uni ..?

Thank you
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Puddles the Monkey so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

As you say, most people doing Computer Science at Imperial will have higher grades. However, you have five choices, so there's no harm in putting down a couple of risky ones, just make sure that you have some that match your grades and some that are a bit under.
Original post by CemG
Hi guys,

so, I am about to finish off my AS exams this friday (D1 exam) and then I will be applying for universities, hoping to get an offer from one of them, atleast.

I study Maths, Further Maths, Physics and IT.
I am predicted to get AABB for these subjects, but honestly I am not sure what I will be getting for physics, worst case scenario a C.. hopefully not a D.

Anyway, I want to study Computer Science once I leave college and I want to apply to:

Imperial and UCL but I still haven't made my mind up for the other ones as I'd like to stay close to where I love (North London) and to be honest there aren't many great universities here apart from Imperial, UCL maybe Kings College and Queen Mary.

I don't know if Imperial will even look at my application and not sure if UCL will accept me either since both of those universities expect high grades..

So should I just accept my grades and expect not to go to 'not so top tier' uni ..?

Thank you

Firstly wait and see how you actually did. You may have suprised yourself. You are right though if you were to get AABB that it would be a long shot getting into UCL and Imperial as both require A*AA, so I would put one at most as an aspirational choice. Kings and Queen Mary are still very good universities though, no maybe about that. And honestly though unless you have reasons which mean you have to stay at home I would look at universities a bit further afield- remember university terms are short with long summers so you'd still be spending half the year at home.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending