The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Leeds Law 2024 email

Hi! I applied in early December for Law with Hispanic Law at Leeds and although I got the initial email from Leeds saying that they would forward my application to the relevant department, I never received a follow-up email from the Law department. My friend who applied to a law course at leeds got an email from the law department saying that they wouldn't look at applications until the 31st of Jan but I never got anything like that. I'm starting to see people get offers from Leeds and now I'm really worried that the law department hasn't received my application.

Should I email Leeds about it and how should I write the email? And has anyone else not gotten an email back from Leeds law?
Reply 1
it can’t hurt to double check and email them to make sure they definitely have received your application, but if they DO have your application i’d say don’t worry that you haven’t got an offer yet because i think a lot of people hear back from them in march/early april. i think they just take a while for law courses because they’re so popular. i applied around a similar time to you and still haven’t heard back with an offer/decision but from what i’ve seen a lot of people get their offers some time during march. the only thing i’ve really gotten any follow up emails for is my application to the access to leeds scheme but outside of that i haven’t gotten anything from them either. also compared to the other unis i applied to, leeds also just don’t seem to send as many follow up emails as other universities so it could just be that. basically don’t worry about not getting an offer yet, email them to double check just to be on the safe side.

for the email i’d make sure to highlight that you’re asking because you haven’t received any follow up emails since the initial email and you just wanted to check that they do absolutely have your application. something like “since being notified initially that my application would be forwarded to the appropriate department, i have not received any follow-up emails and i just wanted to double check that my application has definitely been received. any confirmation would be greatly appreciated” plus greetings pleases and thanks ygm? a lot of people email about when they can expect and offer and you’ll probably get the same answer so i’d recommend not mentioning the offer side of things in the email because it’s just not relevant if that makes sense.like if they DO have your offer you’ll just be told to keep waiting for a response and if they DONT have your application then they won’t be able to say anything about when you’ll get your offer at that point because they won’t know. as long as you’re clear that you’re just double checking and you’re clear about the reasons you feel the need to double check (i.e the lack of follow up emails) you’ll be fine. don’t stress too much tho! leeds are notorious for taking ages to get back to people and if there has been any mistake on their part they should make sure it doesn’t disadvantage your application in any way. universities have policies to follow for stuff like this so it’s their responsibility to make sure you’re considered fairly either way.

hope that helped even if i worded stuff weirdly. hopefully they do have your application and they’ll get back to you soon with a lovely offer! if there has been a mistake and they don’t have your offer, they should sort it out pretty quick anyway. definitely can’t hurt to email and check that they do have your application though
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Original post by hazza939
it can’t hurt to double check and email them to make sure they definitely have received your application, but if they DO have your application i’d say don’t worry that you haven’t got an offer yet because i think a lot of people hear back from them in march/early april. i think they just take a while for law courses because they’re so popular. i applied around a similar time to you and still haven’t heard back with an offer/decision but from what i’ve seen a lot of people get their offers some time during march. the only thing i’ve really gotten any follow up emails for is my application to the access to leeds scheme but outside of that i haven’t gotten anything from them either. also compared to the other unis i applied to, leeds also just don’t seem to send as many follow up emails as other universities so it could just be that. basically don’t worry about not getting an offer yet, email them to double check just to be on the safe side.
for the email i’d make sure to highlight that you’re asking because you haven’t received any follow up emails since the initial email and you just wanted to check that they do absolutely have your application. something like “since being notified initially that my application would be forwarded to the appropriate department, i have not received any follow-up emails and i just wanted to double check that my application has definitely been received. any confirmation would be greatly appreciated” plus greetings pleases and thanks ygm? a lot of people email about when they can expect and offer and you’ll probably get the same answer so i’d recommend not mentioning the offer side of things in the email because it’s just not relevant if that makes sense.like if they DO have your offer you’ll just be told to keep waiting for a response and if they DONT have your application then they won’t be able to say anything about when you’ll get your offer at that point because they won’t know. as long as you’re clear that you’re just double checking and you’re clear about the reasons you feel the need to double check (i.e the lack of follow up emails) you’ll be fine. don’t stress too much tho! leeds are notorious for taking ages to get back to people and if there has been any mistake on their part they should make sure it doesn’t disadvantage your application in any way. universities have policies to follow for stuff like this so it’s their responsibility to make sure you’re considered fairly either way.
hope that helped even if i worded stuff weirdly. hopefully they do have your application and they’ll get back to you soon with a lovely offer! if there has been a mistake and they don’t have your offer, they should sort it out pretty quick anyway. definitely can’t hurt to email and check that they do have your application though
Thank you so so much. This is so helpful!

Quick Reply

Latest