The Student Room Group

Would I be accepted?

When I start college in September, I will be studying OCR Cambridge Technical Level 3 (the equivalent to 2 A-levels) alongside A-levels in computer science & chemistry. In regards to universities, will they accept these subjects to study computer science, or computer science with artificial intelligence.
Thanks,
Lucy.
Reply 1
Depends on what uni you're applying for the top Universities like Cambridge, Warwick, Southampton etc would not like it as they want to see Maths & Computing as your A-Level subjects. You can still get into good unis like Kings College and Queen's Mary as they actually do not need Maths or Computing as A-Levels (I do recommend doing Maths as Computing does involve a lot of Maths). You can just check the course online and they will state whether or not they expect you to do Maths for A-Levels if not they will usually say Grade A/B for Maths in GCSE.
Reply 2
Original post by isteven
Depends on what uni you're applying for the top Universities like Cambridge, Warwick, Southampton etc would not like it as they want to see Maths & Computing as your A-Level subjects. You can still get into good unis like Kings College and Queen's Mary as they actually do not need Maths or Computing as A-Levels (I do recommend doing Maths as Computing does involve a lot of Maths). You can just check the course online and they will state whether or not they expect you to do Maths for A-Levels if not they will usually say Grade A/B for Maths in GCSE.

Thank you for all the advice.
nvm I misread
(edited 7 years ago)
Most uni's don't require computing as an A level... Is there a reason for this? Do we end up learning all the basics again anyways??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending