The Student Room Group

LNAT Preparation & Books – Entry 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by clara_mcneill99
There are a variety, in fact my 3 essay choices were not on that list at all. They are just some of the pool of questions you could get.

Oh, what topics were you given?- if you don't mind me asking :smile:
Just read all the Qs and you'll be alright :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Thank you!!!!! :smile: i feel like i am going to fail. Done no prep. KILL ME hahaha
You'll be fine, breathe
What did everyone get typically on practice tests? Panicking as I have just applied to Kings and Bristol. Got 26/42 on the first practice test, and 18 then 19 on the second one! I don't know what to do as I have my test in approx two weeks :frown:
Original post by KatieHHH
What did everyone get typically on practice tests? Panicking as I have just applied to Kings and Bristol. Got 26/42 on the first practice test, and 18 then 19 on the second one! I don't know what to do as I have my test in approx two weeks :frown:

Hey, don't worry, the 2nd sample I found difficult too.
On the first, I got 26 and then a while later (so I'd forgotten the answers) I got I think it was 30 and 34.
On the second, I got 17, 17 and then I left it for a good while and stopped worrying about the LNAT, did it again and got 35/36.
I did a few of the old ones from when they only had 20-something questions, and got 12, then 19.

Your scores will move around a lot. Just get as much practice in as you can, and see how it goes on the day. For me, I thought the real thing was a lot more straightforward. Plus I must've scored highly, because both my LNAT unis took me and one lowered the offer. Don't let a few sketchy scores dishearten you, I'm sure it'll be fine. Also, provided the rest of your application is good, as long as you're above 20/ the low 20s I'd say you'll likely be pretty secure. Good luck :smile:
Original post by Gold-Confetti
Hey, don't worry, the 2nd sample I found difficult too.
On the first, I got 26 and then a while later (so I'd forgotten the answers) I got I think it was 30 and 34.
On the second, I got 17, 17 and then I left it for a good while and stopped worrying about the LNAT, did it again and got 35/36.
I did a few of the old ones from when they only had 20-something questions, and got 12, then 19.

Your scores will move around a lot. Just get as much practice in as you can, and see how it goes on the day. For me, I thought the real thing was a lot more straightforward. Plus I must've scored highly, because both my LNAT unis took me and one lowered the offer. Don't let a few sketchy scores dishearten you, I'm sure it'll be fine. Also, provided the rest of your application is good, as long as you're above 20/ the low 20s I'd say you'll likely be pretty secure. Good luck :smile:

Thank you!! You have reassured me so much ahhh
Hey guys,

I bought the "Ultimate LNAT guide" book- although it doesn't have practice papers, it does have quite a ton of passages!
I grouped questions so they'd be out of around 42, and got 31/42, 34/41, and 33/43 so far.
For those who have purchased the book and taken the test, are the scores on these practice passages good indications of how I'd perform on the actual LNAT? Are the questions more or less the same difficulty as on the book?

Got my test tommorow afternoon. Doing my last set of prep today, anyone got any tips for preparing or for the exam?
Wish me luck!
Original post by Abstract_Prism
Although they did say on the website that most successful applicants have at least 22 in the LNAT, somewhere else they said that 27 is what they consider 'competitive'.

Did it say around 27 or just 27+
hi! one thing i would like to know those 2 sample papers which are on the LNAT website are they helpful or not? as you said you have done your test please tell me my test is in coming week and I'm so upset..... :frown: thanks
Original post by kami henna
hi! one thing i would like to know those 2 sample papers which are on the LNAT website are they helpful or not? as you said you have done your test please tell me my test is in coming week and I'm so upset..... :frown: thanks

What did you get in the practice tests?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending