The Student Room Group

Course Route with Brexit.

Hey everyone.,

I am sure we all have our concerns about what the Science, Engineering and techonology jobs market will be like now we have left the EU.

Have you changed your path in your degrees as a result?

I start my engineering degree in October and still have a choice of which way to go in the last couple of years.

Im either going into the design engineering route or something that can get me into the space industry.

Im just unsure what I should be doing to help my my future self out.
Original post by mrnace

Im either going into the design engineering route or something that can get me into the space industry.

LOL, what space industry? UK has none, and its only gonna get worse. Even though big ones like ESA isnt an EU thing, EU still fund some of their projects, and if UK leaves, all contracts sponsored by EU will have to be done in other EU countries. Surrey Satellites company work on an EU funded satellite (galileo), if brexit, things will sure get complicated.
Reply 2
Alot of work in the space industry is outsourced to independant companies and alot of them are in the UK.

I may have to try and go work in Europe if there is no work here, which again I am not sure I can do easily.

Im definitely concerned about my prospects no matter what industry I was trying to get into.

Quick Reply

Latest