Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How to flirt and break the ice with a shy girl?

Announcements Posted on
Four hours left to win £100 of Amazon vouchers!! Don't miss out! Take our short survey to enter 24-10-2016

Every now and then (usually a few years) I will come across exactly the type of girl that kind of is the right 'fit' for me. Or at least it feels that way. That's when I get this feeling inside that grows and tells me I need to pursue the girl this time. But then I start to crush and think about where I can meet them again and how I can get to asking her out on a date etc. Basically thinking overdrive. I don't even have an indication that she likes me. Nevertheless I'm really into her but she is really shy and quiet (which I like as I find that quite sort of intriguing and mysterious as opposed to being loud, brashy and unpolite). We've got on quite well but I don't know her so well and don't want to become just a friend to her, but I don't see her so regularly that I have the chance to talk to her for hours a day and get to know her. Because of this quiet and shy demeanour it is very hard to read her and know how to confidently project to her that I like her and would like to take her out. What is the smoothest approach with a girl like this and how best to indicate my interest?

Oh lawd have Mercy Mercy Mercy

A gentle tweak on the nipple.

Just upfront ask her out for like a coffee or something small like the Cinema, then slowly progress onto a proper date. But make it clear you like her. Tried this with a guy once, who wa really shy.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 4, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

What do wear to bed?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.