The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hi guys, I got was a really strange email a few weeks ago saying I was an overseas student (and thus going to be charged as one) and I had to go through a long process trying to prove to them I'm a home student. Did anyone else get this??
Original post by bmd2
Anyone heard anything today? I keep refreshing my emails and seeing 'updated just now' with no new emails is beginning to drive me crazy 🙈

Nope still haven't heard anything either, the wait continues haha

Original post by aimsro95
Hi guys, I got was a really strange email a few weeks ago saying I was an overseas student (and thus going to be charged as one) and I had to go through a long process trying to prove to them I'm a home student. Did anyone else get this??

Nope I didn't get that, thats super strange though hope its all sorted now :smile:
Original post by Lou1228
Nope still haven't heard anything either, the wait continues haha

Nope I didn't get that, thats super strange though hope its all sorted now :smile:

I haven't heard back yet despite me chasing them up last Wednesday. I'm just so confused by it as this has never happened to me with my previous unis :/ Hopefully they'll let me know this week. I hope we all hear back with the work experience forms this week :biggrin:
It's weird how late we are hearing back this year. I swear the work exp forms went out mid November last year and interviews December. Maybe they are just doing both together this year? Or it'll be pretty short notice for people to get time off work etc

Posted from TSR Mobile
Try stay calm, it won't be long. x
Reply 385
Original post by bmd2
Anyone heard anything today? I keep refreshing my emails and seeing 'updated just now' with no new emails is beginning to drive me crazy 🙈

Hahaha literally the same here.
http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/apply/pgadmissions/applicants/mbchbselection/info/work_experience_faq_-_2015_entry.pdf

Found this from 2015 entry, for those like me curious about the work experience forms, guessing it will be something very similar.
Original post by kimsiclez
http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/apply/pgadmissions/applicants/mbchbselection/info/work_experience_faq_-_2015_entry.pdf

Found this from 2015 entry, for those like me curious about the work experience forms, guessing it will be something very similar.

Hi. Thank you so much for this, that's really useful! :biggrin:
Original post by aimsro95

I did! However, I am an overseas student so I didn't have to do much.

Thanks for this! It was super helpful :smile:
I was looking over the 2015 form and it says " please indicate the perspective/s you gained in this work experience" and then lists 4 things ( doctor, NHS, the patient, carer)

The thing is one of my work experiences was being a youth facilitator/ leader at something similar to a summer camp ( which they list as relevant work experience). Does anyone know what I would put for that out of the 4 options?
Original post by GriffinBug
I was looking over the 2015 form and it says " please indicate the perspective/s you gained in this work experience" and then lists 4 things ( doctor, NHS, the patient, carer)

The thing is one of my work experiences was being a youth facilitator/ leader at something similar to a summer camp ( which they list as relevant work experience). Does anyone know what I would put for that out of the 4 options?

I would say carer. Maybe patient depending on the nature of the summer camp (was it for underprivileged youth, sick children, etc.).
Original post by GriffinBug

Make sure you are following this year's guidance because the requirements are different to previous cycles. Email admissions if it isn't clear.
Original post by neuralgal
I would say carer. Maybe patient depending on the nature of the summer camp (was it for underprivileged youth, sick children, etc.).

Sometimes I had to go to underprivileged schools and special needs but not always. I think I'll just list it as carer. Thanks :smile:
Hope we hear back today! December 1 was the end date for activities in last year's form and it gives people a week or so to submit it to get the initial shortlist by the 10/11.
Got the work experience form!
Ooh well done!
Those of you who get it do you mind posting your ukcat scores please too? I'm way below threshold at 680 but still frantically hoping haha!
Ooh well done!
Those of you who get it do you mind posting your ukcat scores please too? I'm way below threshold at 680 but still frantically hoping haha!

Ah me too...also below, above for VR but doubt my overall is enough, absolutely gutted....really wanted Warwick! No from yer and imagine they went in a batch :frown:
I got the work experience form too. UKCAT of 750
Got the work experience form :smile:

753.3 UKCAT

Latest

Trending

Trending