The Student Room Group

What's happening with AS grades?

Since the AS grades are now independent and do not count towards A2 and not everybody is taking them does anyone know how medical schools are going to treat your AS grades? I know Nottingham and UEA aren't going to look at them at all, is it the same for others? In particular I would like to know if Edinburgh look at them when scoring as they require a B at AS still but would they look at the other 3?

Edit: And Leicester my friend tells me.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Aquafreshh
Since the AS grades are now independent and do not count towards A2 and not everybody is taking them does anyone know how medical schools are going to treat your AS grades? I know Nottingham and UEA aren't going to look at them at all, is it the same for others? In particular I would like to know if Edinburgh look at them when scoring as they require a B at AS still but would they look at the other 3?

Edit: And Leicester my friend tells me.

Edinburgh, KCL, Manchester and some other unis still look at a fourth AS grade if you decide to not take the full a level. However for the vast majority, they seem to be being ignored or taken a little lightly as to not disadvantage people who are not taking AS this year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending