The Student Room Group

Stressing About Edexcel History Paper 1

History is my strongest subject, but I have such a feeling that my Crime and Punishment paper will bring my grades down, because I can't seem to scrape more than a grade 8 on any exam. My main struggle isn't content, I know most of it like the back of my hand but I cannot remember dates for the life of me. The exam is looming and I know it's a bit late by now but I'm wondering if there's anything I could do that'll help me remember dates, considering I also have other exams to revise for and can't solely focus on History (unfortunately)
Original post by AmeenahHs
History is my strongest subject, but I have such a feeling that my Crime and Punishment paper will bring my grades down, because I can't seem to scrape more than a grade 8 on any exam. My main struggle isn't content, I know most of it like the back of my hand but I cannot remember dates for the life of me. The exam is looming and I know it's a bit late by now but I'm wondering if there's anything I could do that'll help me remember dates, considering I also have other exams to revise for and can't solely focus on History (unfortunately)

i do history at a level currently in year 2- to help me i mde flash cards and went through them daily to help me remmeber. i just wrote the date on one side and what happened on the other and used what happened to help me remmeber the date rather than trying to use the date to help me remmeber what happened if that makes sense! a grade 8 is good though isnt it? i thought a 9 is the best but idk. hopefully that helps
Reply 2
Original post by regan_wellens
i do history at a level currently in year 2- to help me i mde flash cards and went through them daily to help me remmeber. i just wrote the date on one side and what happened on the other and used what happened to help me remmeber the date rather than trying to use the date to help me remmeber what happened if that makes sense! a grade 8 is good though isnt it? i thought a 9 is the best but idk. hopefully that helps

Ah that does make sense, thank you :smile:
Technically a grade 8 is good, but I'll be really disappointed if I don't get that 9 since I get it on the other two papers generally, plus I've been predicted a 9 so if I don't reach that, it's slightly humiliating

Quick Reply

Latest