The Student Room Group

Advice of GCSE's

Hi everyone,

I know most people on this forum have just one their GCSE's and have probably got some results back too (I hope you all did well.) I am looking for any advice for revision how to get good grades what topics are included and how the GCSE's affect A levels and University options as I want to go to Harvard(or Oxford.) I am going into year 9 (September 2016.)

For my options I am taking (numbers are how much GCSE's they are equal to)
English x1
Maths x1
Trinity Science x3
Geography x1
French x1
Bussiness Studies x1
PRS full course x1
Leadership x1

TOTAL :10

:smile:
Firstly its great that your showing this high level of commitment at such an early stage. Your choices look good and well balanced so you should be able to get into a variety of courses and uni's. To get good grades at GCSE you just need to work relatively hard throughout the year then start revision early so around February on the yea of your exams and you ca easily get all A/A*. The most important thing I believe is that you work exceptionally hard on any coursework you have, so that you can go into exams with less pressure and top marks already banked. I wouldn't worry about A-levels just yet, they're too far away and nobody can be 100% sure that they wont change again. Good Luck:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest