The Student Room Group

Marks and Spencer Job Assessment

Hi there, this is my first post so apologies if I do anything wrong!

So, I'm sixteen and have recently applied for a job at Marks and Spencer. I made it through the online application process, and have booked an interview for Friday 5th August.

Considering it's my first job interview and I've heard many different things about the interview process at Marks and Spencer, I have some questions:

1. What should I wear?
2. What should I expect from the interview?
3. Will I find out there and then whether or not I have got the job?
4. Do you have any other tips for the interview?

Thanks in advance!
Hi!
Ive seen that no one has replied to your question so i thought i'd answer. I have recently accepted a job offer for m&s and have my training tomorrow for a store in london. I would advise that you wear smart trousers and a top. Expect a role play where you have to pretend to be a customer assistant. If you pass that bit you will have an interview will the manager which is the easiest part in my opinion. If you pass that then you will find out right there if you have the job. The only tip I would give is to make sure you smile and try not to seem nervous. Anymore questions just ask!
Original post by renxperez
Hi!
Ive seen that no one has replied to your question so i thought i'd answer. I have recently accepted a job offer for m&s and have my training tomorrow for a store in london. I would advise that you wear smart trousers and a top. Expect a role play where you have to pretend to be a customer assistant. If you pass that bit you will have an interview will the manager which is the easiest part in my opinion. If you pass that then you will find out right there if you have the job. The only tip I would give is to make sure you smile and try not to seem nervous. Anymore questions just ask!

Thank you very much! What was your role play? I've not found anything on what they've been recently.
Mine was the butternut squash one, if you search for m&s on here there is a feed about 239 pages long. It literally answers every possible question you could have. If you can't find anything just come back and let me know and then I'll try to give you a longer answer
Original post by renxperez
Mine was the butternut squash one, if you search for m&s on here there is a feed about 239 pages long. It literally answers every possible question you could have. If you can't find anything just come back and let me know and then I'll try to give you a longer answer

I've had a look and I can't seem to find it. Would you be able to link it? And what advice could you give?
Original post by ConorCharman
I've had a look and I can't seem to find it. Would you be able to link it? And what advice could you give?

Hiii How was your interview!? Did you get through?? I have an insterview very soon and I'm super nervous! Any tips?
Original post by ConorCharman
Hi there, this is my first post so apologies if I do anything wrong!

So, I'm sixteen and have recently applied for a job at Marks and Spencer. I made it through the online application process, and have booked an interview for Friday 5th August.

Considering it's my first job interview and I've heard many different things about the interview process at Marks and Spencer, I have some questions:

1. What should I wear?
2. What should I expect from the interview?
3. Will I find out there and then whether or not I have got the job?
4. Do you have any other tips for the interview?

Thanks in advance!

I have exactly the same questions as you😭
Original post by Zyvamaali
Hiii How was your interview!? Did you get through?? I have an insterview very soon and I'm super nervous! Any tips?

Hi there!

I passed both parts of the interview with flying colours, however they did not have any jobs that would suit the hours I could work. My main piece of advice is to be polite and confident as both of these can affect how they look at you - after all, if you are going to work in a shop such as Marks and Spencer, you must be confident as you will be interacting directly with customers.

After I had completed the role play, I was commended on my up-selling. My role play put me in a situation where I had a customer looking to buy a shirt for their elderly father. I had to help them look through the products (which were laid out on cards), then once they had found a shirt they liked, explain the current promotions and then gift wrapping and delivery.

Lastly, dress smartly. I wore a suit and tie, with well polished shoes, and was complimented multiple times on how smart I looked. First impressions are everything, and dressing smartly can really boost these!

Best of luck for your interview!
I Applied to marks and spencers about 10 days ago and had a one to one and role play interview on monday, the lady who interviewed me said she would contact me the next day to inform me whether i was successful or not, she said i had passed both sections of the interview and that i had done well. Im really worried as i tried my best and really wanted this job. How long do they usually take to contact people?
Original post by itsscynn_x
I Applied to marks and spencers about 10 days ago and had a one to one and role play interview on monday, the lady who interviewed me said she would contact me the next day to inform me whether i was successful or not, she said i had passed both sections of the interview and that i had done well. Im really worried as i tried my best and really wanted this job. How long do they usually take to contact people?

what was your role play? i have my assessment tomorrow and in really nervous because i dont know what to expect, i havent seen anyone talk about recent role plays.
The give you sheets of information about the products then someone comes in and asks you about products its really easy but if they dont tell you youve got the job then and there then you havent got it..
Original post by Lauren24109
what was your role play? i have my assessment tomorrow and in really nervous because i dont know what to expect, i havent seen anyone talk about recent role plays.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending