The Student Room Group

Do you have questions about studying at Charles?

Hi All

I'm a third year student here at Charles 1st Faculty, my brother graduated from here 2 years ago and my sister starts the pre-med here in October. If anyone has any
questions or needs any guidance I'd be happy to help.
Original post by MedicDee
Hi All

I'm a third year student here at Charles 1st Faculty, my brother graduated from here 2 years ago and my sister starts the pre-med here in October. If anyone has any
questions or needs any guidance I'd be happy to help.

Hi, yes please! I didnt get into a UK uni to study medicine :frown: but im keen to pursue a career in medicine! How did you get into the uni? I have no idea about studying abroad. Help!!
Reply 2
Original post by Marie Palmer
Hi, yes please! I didnt get into a UK uni to study medicine :frown: but im keen to pursue a career in medicine! How did you get into the uni? I have no idea about studying abroad. Help!!

Hi

As long as you have a good level of Chemistry, Biology and Physics then you just
need to sit the entrance exam to be admitted. I just found out myself from my sister who is on the Foundation that next year for 2018 entry you have to take a physics
exam. At the moment you can choses from Maths or Physics. I guess that this will effect loads of UK applicants as most tend to do A Level physics.

I took my entrance exam a few years ago now but after taking a short course to help I got 92%.

It's a minefield now when looking at options studying abroad. I've got friends all over Europe studying medicine and some studying dentistry. I preferred the Czech as my brother studied here and graduated with no problems. Now Im half way and my sister is starting September at the Uni. It's a family thing :smile:
Original post by MedicDee
Hi

As long as you have a good level of Chemistry, Biology and Physics then you just
need to sit the entrance exam to be admitted. I just found out myself from my sister who is on the Foundation that next year for 2018 entry you have to take a physics
exam. At the moment you can choses from Maths or Physics. I guess that this will effect loads of UK applicants as most tend to do A Level physics.

I took my entrance exam a few years ago now but after taking a short course to help I got 92%.

It's a minefield now when looking at options studying abroad. I've got friends all over Europe studying medicine and some studying dentistry. I preferred the Czech as my brother studied here and graduated with no problems. Now Im half way and my sister is starting September at the Uni. It's a family thing :smile:

Wow congrats!!! Sounds great! I have so many questions. Can I inbox you?
one quickie! Where did you take the course?
Reply 5
Yes inbox me your questions, I'm happy to help.

The course for the entrance exam? I took it at a college in Malvern that run the exams and prep courses. I'll inbox you their details and the contact there, she's brilliant,

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending