The Student Room Group

Eczema sufferers, how do you cope?

Scroll to see replies

After reading this thread just realised me saying it had steroids isn't very helpful.. I didn't know there were so many creams, I had it lke 4 years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't know why but Aveeno has a product called 'eczema therapy' which by looks of it is only available in the US whereas over here in the UK we just get the standard Aveeno. Might try it out to see if it's any different too. Maybe no UK retailer stocks it because it's too expensive for them, it's a good few £ more than the standard ones they stock going by Amazon UK.
(edited 7 years ago)
Just showered, immediately applied thick moisturising ointment on my eczema patches and went out to the shop to grab some stuff. The shop is /literally\ 2 minutes across the road from my house, on the way back my eczema patches started to itch immensely like a ***** to the point I felt like crying with relief when I got home and applied some more stuff on it.

Is it really supposed to be this bad? How are you supposed to go to work or do anything active at all under these circumstances?

The strange thing is most people with eczema usually have trouble sleeping and stuff with eczema but with me it doesn't bother me unless I'm doing something active. For now at least..

New cream has just arrived so I'll be trying that later today.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by RusoMachiavelli
Just showered, immediately applied thick moisturising ointment on my eczema patches and went out to the shop to grab some stuff. The shop is /literally\ 2 minutes across the road from my house, on the way back my eczema patches started to itch immensely like a ***** to the point I felt like crying with relief when I got home and applied some more stuff on it.

Is it really supposed to be this bad? How are you supposed to go to work or do anything active at all under these circumstances?

The strange thing is most people with eczema usually have trouble sleeping and stuff with eczema but with me it doesn't bother me unless I'm doing something active. For now at least..

New cream has just arrived so I'll be trying that later today.

This is why I gave up using steroid creams-they simply don't work. It's best to avoid allergens than use creams.
The eczema in between my fingers was really red and noticeable, for some reason unbeknownst to me it practically all disappeared for about 2 days, my hand returned to normal clear skin then the redness in between my fingers came back. Mind boggled.

Also I've had this case of eczema for just over a month now and not one single time have I Itched it believe it or not, the only time I have ever touched it is to gently rub in moisturiser on the patches. Considering I have never Itched it at all I'm surprised it hasn't went away... Strange
Try Dermalex Eczema cream it's steroid free so you can use it for more than a week. It also prevents the eczema coming back and helps with itchy skin.
Reply 26
Don't wash with soaps. Have luke warm showers or baths with E45 or Double base.
Cut out sugary / carbonated drinks .
Instead water only.
Try not to stress.
I have it on my neck, anyone else? I have had it since i was 14.

Quick Reply

Latest