The Student Room Group

Can I get pregnant from precum

I was a virgin and this morning I had sex with my boyfriend for the first time and he didn't use a condom and I'm kinda scared I might get pregnant. I wasn't going to let it happen but I was so in the moment and he said he'd pull out and in the end I got off him before he was even close to coming because I was scared and I ended up finishing him of with my hand but what are the chances of getting pregnant from precum? From what I know, I made sure no *** got near me but there's always the chance of precum
Whereas it is possible to get pregnant from pre-***, its extremely unlikely. Take a morning after pill if your that concerned and in future use protection.
Reply 2
No one seems to fully know the answer to this question. Concensus though appears to be that it's low risk. Not really a risk worth taking too often when you are highly fertile. If you're mid cycle I would go for morning after pill.
Reply 3
Precum doesn't have sperm so you can't get pregnant from it. However precum happens to flush out the penis from any leftover sperm so it is possible that precum may bring leftover sperm to the top allowing you to get pregnant.
Piss also flushes it out so if he went to the bathroom while with you chances are really low
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
I was a virgin and this morning I had sex with my boyfriend for the first time and he didn't use a condom and I'm kinda scared I might get pregnant. I wasn't going to let it happen but I was so in the moment and he said he'd pull out and in the end I got off him before he was even close to coming because I was scared and I ended up finishing him of with my hand but what are the chances of getting pregnant from precum? From what I know, I made sure no *** got near me but there's always the chance of precum

Precum can have sperm in it, about 3 million I think. I know it sounds scary but just go take a morning after pill. Google the nearest pharmacy and go get one in the morning. (You can take them within 72 hours of having sex). It's anonymous and doesn't take long at all, and it's better to be safe than sorry. Please don't just hope that you won't get pregnant and convince yourself precum can't make you pregnant. It can, and you might as well get a morning after pill to stop yourself from worrying for what, weeks?
Ask him to use a condom next time. It's very nice for the guy to not use one, but he doesn't have to go through the immense amount of stress of thinking "am I pregnant?" like the girl does afterwards. You could also google a local sexual health clinic. They could give you the morning after pill if they offer it, (but I'd say pharmacies are more reliable as they don't have limited walk-in hours), and you might as well start using a hormonal contraceptive so you can avoid worrying like this.
Hope everything goes well. <3
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by hdog131313
Precum does have sperm in it, about 3 million I think. I know it sounds scary but just go take a morning after pill. Google the nearest pharmacy and go get one in the morning. (You can take them within 72 hours of having sex). It's anonymous and doesn't take long at all, and it's better to be safe than sorry. Please don't just hope that you won't get pregnant and convince yourself precum can't make you pregnant. It can, and you might as well get a morning after pill to stop yourself from worrying for what, weeks?
Ask him to use a condom next time. It's very nice for the guy to not use one, but he doesn't have to go through the immense amount of stress of thinking "am I pregnant?" like the girl does afterwards. You could also google a local sexual health clinic. They could give you the morning after pill if they offer it, (but I'd say pharmacies are more reliable as they don't have limited walk-in hours), and you might as well start using a hormonal contraceptive so you can avoid worrying like this.
Hope everything goes well. <3

Sorry luv but you need to read up. Precum itself has 0 sperm. http://www.medicaldaily.com/pulse/pregnancy-and-sex-can-you-get-pregnant-precum-364266
However it is possible to get pregnant from the leftover sperm that gets flushed out by the precum.
Original post by Devify
Sorry luv but you need to read up. Precum itself has 0 sperm. http://www.medicaldaily.com/pulse/pregnancy-and-sex-can-you-get-pregnant-precum-364266
However it is possible to get pregnant from the leftover sperm that gets flushed out by the precum.

Yeah... Don't think she was asking for the chemical make-up of pre-***, just whether it could, or any other fluid, make her pregnant. Sure, pre-*** is just a see-through liquid, but it can make you pregnant in the sense that a lot of the time sperm is present when a guy has pre-ejaculate, thus making what the thread starter said a concern. I shouldn't have said pre-*** itself can make you pregnant, but what is usually present in it definitely can.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3564677/

"We conclude that a major proportion of men leak motile sperm in their pre-ejaculatory fluid." -Article in the US National Library of Medicine
Yes, pre-ejaculate contains a small amount of sperm, however the majority are dead or poorly formed cells, the fluid itself doesn't contain sperm however excess sperm left in the urethra can be flushed out via the pre-ejaculate, inf fact that is one of it's purposes.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 8
Its always possible, just because he didn't c** fully in your doesn't not mean that nothing came out. go to the doctors and get the morning-after pill

EDIT - what the heck, precum is allowed but writing c u m as a word gets beeped?
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest