The Student Room Group

Can I apply to the same uni through clearing?

A quick, possibly silly and probably over-asked question...if things don't go to plan next week and, for example, I miss a grade and therefore am not accepted onto my firm choice, would I be able to apply to the same university through clearing for a different course with lower grade boundaries?

I think I could do this, I just wanted to check with someone on here before I plan too much!!

(Desperately hoping this will not be needed obvs but I have about fifty different back-up plans in place just in case :colondollar:)
Original post by efleurs
A quick, possibly silly and probably over-asked question...if things don't go to plan next week and, for example, I miss a grade and therefore am not accepted onto my firm choice, would I be able to apply to the same university through clearing for a different course with lower grade boundaries?

I think I could do this, I just wanted to check with someone on here before I plan too much!!

(Desperately hoping this will not be needed obvs but I have about fifty different back-up plans in place just in case :colondollar:)

If its a completely different course then you could, they normally consider you for similar courses so if its similar then no i wouldnt bother.
Original post by efleurs

If you'd like to be considered for an alternate course if you miss your firm grades then phone them up and explain that (then follow it up with an email "If I miss my firm offer and you are unable to accept me onto that course with the grades I get then could you please consider me for course xyz before rejecting my application?"

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending