The Student Room Group
Reply 1
The Scottish unis offer Veterinary Medicine only, which qualifies you as a vet. The other unis are the same except Bristol and Liverpool which call their degree "veterinary science" but still qualifies you as a vet. Apart from these two, all other "veterinary science" courses are science degrees only and do not qualify you as a vet. As for advanced Highers, the Scottish unis require two (biology and chemistry, BB) but most English unis require three, apart from RVC. If you are capable of three and want to apply to English vet schools, I'd say do them if you can.
if ur only takin 2 AH its probs beta if u take at least 1 higher subject as well. the scottish unis tols me this when i foned them up
Reply 3
LittleMissVet
if ur only takin 2 AH its probs beta if u take at least 1 higher subject as well. the scottish unis tols me this when i foned them up

Yes thats definately a good idea.
Reply 4
i was planning on taking two and a higher in geography but if the results go well then i may consider taking ah physics aswell, although would this cause a problem at investigation time?

mayflower.x
Reply 5
i thought i already posted this in this thread but maybe it was somewhere else? but...
Are highers equivalent to gcses and advanced highers equivalent to A levels? or what?
Reply 6
i think gcse's are our standard grades.(2 yrs)
as levels are our highers(1 yr)
and a levels are our advanced higher (final year, dnt have to do them for all courses)
or something like that :s
i think teh private schools have the right idea doing the international ones it saves a lot of confusion

mayflower.x
Reply 7
oh yeah i forgot about the standard grade things.
i think everyone should do the european or international baccalaurate so you can compare results and stuff with other countries
Reply 8
An A-level is equivalent to an Advanced Higher + Higher.

Latest

Trending

Trending