The Student Room Group

Advice for Uni :(

Hi, last year i was weighing whether or not to take a gap year. I chose to go, even though I hadn't made my mind up. Anyway as you can see its basically two months before Uni will start and I really don't want to go anymore (this year at least.)

Would it be terrible to cancel everything and just take a gap year to relax and so forth. My grades really! didn't go well, and the fact that sealed it for me was when my Uni said they weren't going to do the course I wanted.

How would i go about canceling UCAS etc?? :confused: I'm really no sure, do I contact my two Uni's or? :frown:

extra notes: My grades WON'T! meet the requirements by miles, so I think if I do take a gap year, I will have the grades in hand to see if there good enough from the get go.

Thankyou, Sorry if it is a bit muddled. :wink:
Reply 1
you seem to have already made your mind up and want re-assurance that you're choosing the right option. i think you should have a gap year. :smile:
If you're still happy with your choices and just want to take a gap year, ask your firm and insurance to defer your offers. You'd still have to meet the conditions by 31st August though, so they could still reject you if you missed the grades. If you'd prefer to reapply, you can just withdraw from UCAS completely, which I think you can do on Track. If you were unsure of going straight to uni anyway, and are now unhappy about your course and your exams, it sounds like a gap year would be a good plan.
Reply 3
Ok, thankyou

Latest

Trending

Trending