The Student Room Group

Help! Year 12 retake

hi guys basically this is my situation:

I got my AS results yesterday and I screwed up big time...

Biology- E (4 marks from a D)
Psychology - B
Maths - U
Chemistry - U

I needed a minimum DDD requirement to pass into year 13 but I got BEUU.. I have discussed what I think I've done wrong but having said that I walked out of every exam (apart from maths, U) feeling like I was over the moon and was set for an A. Clearly something went wrong..

So now, my current sixth from wont accept me because I didnt make the minimum requirements. I want to redo my AS year and continue to A2 somewhere else. I have 2 places in mind that maybe able to help me.

I rang the college and the lady said come down on Thursday 25th as GCSE results will be out then and they will be offering help/guidance. My only concern is that perhaps I'm leaving it too late?

I really dont know. I am totally convinced of what I need to do now and will get the grades after trying again.
As for uni, I wanted to do medicine via the foundation route. I dont think that is likely anymore either. However had my aunty round yesterday she said if I really wanted to then I could do using an alternative access course or whatever. But first I have to do a healthcare degree.

At the moment I am only concerned about my admission into a place that will accept me to redo my AS year.

Please help, it feels like I'm alone in all this struggle. Surely there is someone else that is in the same boat as me?
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Fox Corner so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

Original post by TSR Jessica
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Fox Corner so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Thankya :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest