The Student Room Group

Moving Schools

Hi,

I've just finished my AS year and i'm really wanting to move schools where I would be able to finish my sixth form years as best as I can. I'm having an appointment soon with my new school to talk about doing A2 there, while they're thinking to move me back a year and resit my AS fully if I haven't done well in my exams.
My results were A - Maths, C - Product Design, D - Further Maths, D- Physics

Is there any chance that I could persuade to them that I can turn these grades around? How would I? If not, is it worth retaking the year over there or is it worth sticking at my former school and just grudging through it with support that would be worse than the support at the new school, at the risk of getting results that aren't any different what I've just got? I honestly think retaking the year is a waste of time while also believing that I'll get no where with my current school.

Any thoughts?
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Fox Corner so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest