Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Back and forth with the Migrant Worker Team and evidence

Announcements Posted on
Would YOU be put off a uni with a high crime rate? First 50 to have their say get a £5 Amazon voucher! 27-10-2016

Hello. I have applied for fee funding in May. My passport is from Colombia, but my husband is from Bulgaria and since my Residence Permit states that I have EU rights I applied as an EU student. Back then the evidence they asked from us was: my passport, my husband's passport and my residence permit to prove my EU rights. Few days later I received all of our documents back and a letter saying that they will contact me once my application have been assessed.

After waiting for almost three months, I decided to call Student Finance and try to check the progress of my application. The first time I called one of the advisors told me that since I was currently working, my case had been transferred to the EU Migrant Worker Team and that I needed to send them copies of my last three months payslips along with a cover letter, I said to him that I also had my P60 but he said it was no necessary. I did as he said, and then almost two weeks later, when I logged into my account there was a message saying that I needed to send more evidence and asking me to send a copy of my P60. I called SF again and this time the advisor puts me on hold and then says that I needed to send a copy of my P60, I told him that I already sent copies of my payslips, he puts me on hold again and then says that I don't need to send my P60, that my evidence was being processed and that I should check my SF account on the 16th of August for an answer.

I logged in again on the 16th of August waiting for an answer, however it was still showing me a message saying that I need to send a copy of my P60!!! I called SF again and the advisor put me on hold for several times coming up with a different answer every time. In the end she says that they will send me a letter stating what the next steps are...

A Couple of days later I got a letter dated from the 11th of August stating that "In order to make a decision regarding your eligibility for spouse of a migrant worker status, we require the following evidence:"

- A copy of my husband's contract of employment. (OK)

- Copies of my husband's last three months payslips. (OK)

- A copy of our Marriage Certificate. (It's from Colombia but it's translated and notarized)

- Original evidence of your UK Home Office status from 01/09/2013 to 04/03/2015. This needs to include any Visas or Residence Permits.
    I first came to England on the 28/12/2013 on a Student Visa starting on the 27/12/2013 until 27/06/14.

- Details of your residence from the 01/09/2013 to 28/12/2013.
    At that time I was living in Colombia and doing all the paperwork to get my Student Visa.

- Evidence and Reason to your Temporary absence from the UK from 20/06/2014 to 15/03/2015 when you were in Colombia.
    My Student Visa was due to to expiry on the 27/06/2014 therefore I had to go back to Colombia to apply for my EEA Family Permit which I got on the 04/03/2015.

- A NARIC report to show the level of qualification that I gained back in Colombia.
    I did a Graphic Design course after High School in Colombia, however it was not a Uni degree... Is this relevant and necessary?

I really want to know if I'm eligible for the fee funding providing the evidence that oil have and if its going to be possible for me to start a foundation degree this year, if it's the case that I'm not when will I become eligible?

Kind Regards.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 22, 2016
Would you rather be able to
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.