The Student Room Group

2016 A-level Remarks

Has anyone sent in their papers for remarking with the new system? if yes, how did your grades come back? Let me know!

Read our 2017 guide to reviews and remarks here.
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I'm currently waiting for mine to come back!!
I've just received 3 remarks back, and it feels like it's harsher than in previous years. My 2 maths papers didn't change, my economics paper went up by 1 UMS. Exam board is edexcel
Reply 3
Original post by ChrisP97
I've just received 3 remarks back, and it feels like it's harsher than in previous years. My 2 maths papers didn't change, my economics paper went up by 1 UMS. Exam board is edexcel

Hello Chris,
For Economics which unit was it?
Original post by RiyaAjani
Has anyone sent in their papers for remarking with the new system? if yes, how did your grades come back? Let me know!

Ofc its more difficult because they will now only change on genuine error and not difference of opinion.
Reply 5
Original post by RiyaAjani

I'm getting my English paper remarked but haven't heard back yet . Getting impatient .... 2ums off an A :/
Reply 6
Anyone know how long these things take to come back ... It's been like 5 days now
Reply 7

That doesn't give me much hope :/ hoping to go up by 2 marks for an A :/
Original post by fefssdf
I'm getting my English paper remarked but haven't heard back yet . Getting impatient .... 2ums off an A :/

What exam board are you waiting for? I'm waiting for Aqa English literature A unit 4
Reply 9
Unit 3, went up from 64 to 65 UMS

Missed A* by 5 UMS
175/200 total
I think 69 and 106 breakdown

Sent remark for U4 because for 30 marker my points weren't in mark scheme but more than valid and relevant to question.

Also sent Edexcel English Literature for which the marking was absolutely baffling and borderline insane.
Highest score was myself with 86/120 UMS in the whole year group... was getting A* all year.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by fefssdf
That doesn't give me much hope :/ hoping to go up by 2 marks for an A :/

2 marks is still pretty possible, what subject though? Do you have a uni place riding on this?
Original post by Gemsteele
What exam board are you waiting for? I'm waiting for Aqa English literature A unit 4

Edexcel - waiting for English language unit 3 ... I got a C in this so hoping there's been some sorta cock up or maybe I did really do that poor
2 marks is still pretty possible, what subject though? Do you have a uni place riding on this?

English language ; I've already got into my firm with A*AB but obviously would prefer A*AA !!
Sent remarks for FP2 and FP3 for OCR
I've requested the copy back for FP3 because I think they didn't mark the extra paper as I got higher than my result due to me knowing all the answers cause I had them on my calculator and compared with the tsr mark scheme.
4 marks off of an A*
Got my remark back for English lit edexcel. It don't go up at all, all I needed was 2 UMS

Stupid regulations
Original post by fefssdf
English language ; I've already got into my firm with A*AB but obviously would prefer A*AA !!

Ahh well done! You'll be fine, of all the subjects, I'd have thought English would have the potential to change most
Original post by fefssdf

English Literature with Edexcel here.
The marking by the seems of it has been very questionable.
Original post by thegoon2013
Got my remark back for English lit edexcel. It don't go up at all, all I needed was 2 UMS

Stupid regulations

Ah sorry to here that :frown: I need an extra 2ums as well but it's for English lang and also Edexcel ; pretty sure it isn't gonna change thanks to the remark changes
Original post by TheNicholas
Sent remarks for FP2 and FP3 for OCR
I've requested the copy back for FP3 because I think they didn't mark the extra paper as I got higher than my result due to me knowing all the answers cause I had them on my calculator and compared with the tsr mark scheme.
4 marks off of an A*

Nice one!
You get dat A* and if you don't you could just resit the module for a laugh
Original post by Windies
English Literature with Edexcel here.
The marking by the seems of it has been very questionable.

Yeh English papers in general always seem to have very odd marking. I was getting A's throughout the year yet I end up with a C in the exam ... Very shocked, especially given I did better in the AS retake which I thought I'd flopped and didn't do much work for :/

Quick Reply

Latest