The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

UEA Accomodation - Has anyone else NOT got their offer yet??

Hi all, is there anyone out there who hasn't received their accommodation offer yet? I've been checking my email & the room application portal like every few hours over the past couple of days but I've got no sign of it. UEA were my firm first choice and I applied for accommodation in May, so it's starting to worry me that I haven't heard from them.
I've emailed them & sent out a tweet to their twitter account today(because that is what worried people like me do haha) but I want to know if this is normal? Or if any of you guys are in the same position as me?
Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cleoclogs
Hi all, is there anyone out there who hasn't received their accommodation offer yet? I've been checking my email & the room application portal like every few hours over the past couple of days but I've got no sign of it. UEA were my firm first choice and I applied for accommodation in May, so it's starting to worry me that I haven't heard from them.
I've emailed them & sent out a tweet to their twitter account today(because that is what worried people like me do haha) but I want to know if this is normal? Or if any of you guys are in the same position as me?
Thanks

Yes, it's perfectly normal! They're still going to be sending out room offers at least today, and possibly even tomorrow and Friday - keep an eye on their Twitter, as they usually update on their when they've sent out a batch and stuff!!
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by mobbsy91
Yes, it's perfectly normal! They're still going to be sending out room offers at least today, and possibly even tomorrow and Friday - keep an eye on their Twitter, as they usually update on their when they've sent out a batch and stuff!!

Oh thank goodness! Haha okay that has eased my mind somewhat :wink: I'll keep on checking my emails like the mad-woman I am hah. Thank you :smile:
Thanks

Yes perfectly normal, the batches will continue throughout the week. I appreciate it's an anxious time, but you will hear soon enough :smile:
Oh thank goodness! Haha okay that has eased my mind somewhat :wink: I'll keep on checking my emails like the mad-woman I am hah. Thank you :smile:

No worries! What accommodation did you apply for??
Reply 5
I haven't received an offer yet, and I also read on the UEA Accommodation twitter page that if you haven't received an accommodation offer yet you'll get an En-suite Campus room (as those are the only ones left).
Original post by _Harry
I haven't received an offer yet, and I also read on the UEA Accommodation twitter page that if you haven't received an accommodation offer yet you'll get an En-suite Campus room (as those are the only ones left).

That's correct! However, if any other room offers are declined, then that room could still be assigned. So, if someone decides they don't want a ziggurat room, and they decline the offer, the Accom Office will then assign that to someone who hasn't yet received an offer...!
Reply 7
That's correct! However, if any other room offers are declined, then that room could still be assigned. So, if someone decides they don't want a ziggurat room, and they decline the offer, the Accom Office will then assign that to someone who hasn't yet received an offer...!

So it's almost certain I'll be begging my parents for £1200 just to cover the accommodation costs, and then about £70 a week for food, etc.

Wish that people on the lower value maintenance loans were given priority on the cheaper accommodation choices.
Original post by _Harry
So it's almost certain I'll be begging my parents for £1200 just to cover the accommodation costs, and then about £70 a week for food, etc.

Wish that people on the lower value maintenance loans were given priority on the cheaper accommodation choices.

Pretty much... once you're there, you might get the opportunity to swap to a cheaper room if someone drops out, but that's not a certainty by any stretch!

Yes, but the system is done so that those who have higher maintenance loans have it higher as they don't have the option of getting more from their parents - don't get me wrong, I don't necessarily agree with the system, because just because some parents have a higher income, meaning you get the lower maintenance loan, doesn't by any means mean you'll be getting much from them - it can be unfair, but I'm not really sure how they can do it much better tbh! :/
Reply 9
Pretty much... once you're there, you might get the opportunity to swap to a cheaper room if someone drops out, but that's not a certainty by any stretch!

Yes, but the system is done so that those who have higher maintenance loans have it higher as they don't have the option of getting more from their parents - don't get me wrong, I don't necessarily agree with the system, because just because some parents have a higher income, meaning you get the lower maintenance loan, doesn't by any means mean you'll be getting much from them - it can be unfair, but I'm not really sure how they can do it much better tbh! :/

Do you think that if I ask UEA, they might give me priority on any Zigurat cancellations?
Original post by _Harry
Do you think that if I ask UEA, they might give me priority on any Zigurat cancellations?

I really have no idea how they'd assign rooms from cancellations - my assumption would be that it'll be offered to someone who wanted it who hasn't yet got an offer.

If there's a cancellation throughout the year, then I think it's just given to whomever asks to take it first - (during the year you can go into the Accom office and ask if there are any available).

If you're really concerned, then you might want to email them, and then they'd be able to give you some more specific advice about it, and their official policies on it...!
Reply 11
Hello again! I've just registered with UEA - received registration email this morning - but there's still no sign of an accommodation offer. It is quite reassuring though to register :smile: I just hope I've got a place to stay haha :wink:

No worries! What accommodation did you apply for??

I applied for the ziggurats as my top choices, then basically the rest in order of price haha :wink: It sounds like I might be getting an en suite room though, according to the twitter feed - which isn't terrible, luxury wise anyway :wink: - but still a little pricey. Oh well, que sera sera, haha at this point I'm just looking forward to an email offer for my accommodation, regardless of what it is :P
Reply 12
I'm in the same situation as you, got my registration email at 2 am this morning but still no accommodation offer. Getting annoyed -.-
Same!! still no offer and my top choices look as though they are gone :/
Hello again! I've just registered with UEA - received registration email this morning - but there's still no sign of an accommodation offer. It is quite reassuring though to register :smile: I just hope I've got a place to stay haha :wink:

I applied for the ziggurats as my top choices, then basically the rest in order of price haha :wink: It sounds like I might be getting an en suite room though, according to the twitter feed - which isn't terrible, luxury wise anyway :wink: - but still a little pricey. Oh well, que sera sera, haha at this point I'm just looking forward to an email offer for my accommodation, regardless of what it is :P

Yeh, if you get an offer now, it's gonna most likely be an ensuite - they're pretty damn nice tho!
Reply 15
Heya, me again :wink: I'm kind of worried now as on the twitter feed they said that all offers had been sent out to undergrads now, and I still haven't received anything and have had no response to my email. Should I phone them up?
Reply 16
Heya, me again :wink: I'm kind of worried now as on the twitter feed they said that all offers had been sent out to undergrads now, and I still haven't received anything and have had no response to my email. Should I phone them up?

I still don't have mine either. I guess we're both in the last batch which will be sent out tomorrow? I think that twitter post is about all emails being sent out to UGs that have come through clearing/adjustment, not all offers being sent to firm UGs (at least that's how I interpreted it).
Reply 17
Original post by _Harry
I still don't have mine either. I guess we're both in the last batch which will be sent out tomorrow? I think that twitter post is about all emails being sent out to UGs that have come through clearing/adjustment, not all offers being sent to firm UGs (at least that's how I interpreted it).

Ah okay, phew (be still my racing heart). I hate phone calls :wink: Hopefully we can get our offers tomorrow, if we don't get them by like 4 though I'm going to have to ring them up - they're phone lines close at 5 I think. Gah! I thought I wasn't going to have to be worried about anything after results day! D:
Reply 18
I got my college results at least 2 months ago, and applied for accommodation a very very long time ago to make sure it was all done, however I re-took my maths GCSE and I got the result yesterday and passed hence getting my offer yesterday, will this affect my chances of accommodation as I got my offer late compared to most people because I was waiting for a result, even though I applied months ago?
Still nothing :|

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending