The Student Room Group

I got 4 gcses and have been accepted into my local sixth form

I bawled my eyes out when I read out my results this morning.
English lit A
English Language B
Religious Education A
History B
Welsh Language D
Welsh lit D
Media D
German D
Core Science D
Additional Science E
Maths D (F in November)

I was pretty sure my life was over, however my school informed me that they had already discussed my grades and had decided that as the 4 Gcses I had passed were high, I would be accepted back on the condition that I re sat Maths.
I had planned to take Media, but I was unable to because I failed GCSE thanks to an awful teacher - I accept full responsibility for every failure except media. He informed me my coursework which I worked my ass of at was a high c - I already wasn't too happy about this but at least I passed and this would be 60% of my finale grade. The exam went awful as we hadn't even done a proper mock and no one had a clue what was going on! I received a d in my coursework and exam. They no longer offer media studies gcse at my school and a level is a btec at a local college - says a lot about a media/drama teacher who isn't even allowed to teach either for a level? Anyway, my brothers think I should also re sit Welsh Language but ive done the exam twice and received an E both times.
I know my results are far from good but is my chance at working in the tv/media/journalism industry over? Id like honest opinions please as id like to plan realistically
Reply 1
ps
I am taking English Lit, Re and Health and social for a level as well as Welsh Bacc

Quick Reply

Latest