The Student Room Group

Dentistry / a levels / gcse requirements

I have always had my mind set on Dentistry and recently received my GCSE results :
English Literature A
English language B
RE A*
Maths C
Core Science B
Additional C
History B
French B
Health and Social care B

I am disappointed with these results and realised that they don't meet the minimum GCSE Requirements for dentistry degrees :/ Is it possible with AAA at a level and a strong UKCAT score, personal statement and experience my grades could be over looked?

Or could I not follow on to start my As levels this year but instead a year to resit some of my GCSEs and then start? Will this affect my university application

I would appreciate any help and advice :frown:
(edited 7 years ago)
I have 5A*1A1B(eng)
+ ABC A2 level. My chances?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Alisha_d
I have always had my mind set on Dentistry and recently received my GCSE results :
English Literature A
English language B
RE A*
Maths B
Core Science B
Additional C
History B
French B
Health and Social care B

I am disappointed with these results and realised that they don't meet the minimum GCSE Requirements for dentistry degrees :/ Is it possible with AAA at a level and a strong UKCAT score, personal statement and experience my grades could be over looked?

Or could I not follow on to start my As levels this year but instead a year to resit some of my GCSEs and then start? Will this affect my university application

I would appreciate any help and advice :frown:

I don't think you need to resit your GCSEs but you have a C in add science but don't worry. Most unis have an entry requirement of C and above for the sciences and you have good grades for Maths and English. If you work hard at A Level then you can easily get those grades. Also for dentistry you will need a strong UKCAT score together with PS and also the admissions tutors look at how well you perform in your interviews.
Original post by Justtryingtolive
I have 5A*1A1B(eng)
+ ABC A2 level. My chances?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you mean AS level?
Reply 4
Original post by GreatSuccess24
I don't think you need to resit your GCSEs but you have a C in add science but don't worry. Most unis have an entry requirement of C and above for the sciences and you have good grades for Maths and English. If you work hard at A Level then you can easily get those grades. Also for dentistry you will need a strong UKCAT score together with PS and also the admissions tutors look at how well you perform in your interviews.

Thank you !! I have lost sleep worrying and I enrol at college in a few days. But all the uni entry requirements I checked say 5A/A*s or more? Will they not straight up reject me. My maths is a C not B sorry :s
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 6
A friend I know got in with ABC at alevel they will probably give you an offer of AAA but some unis go down on their offers if you don't quite make it so chose your unis wisely and you'll be covered

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
A friend I know got in with ABC at alevel they will probably give you an offer of AAA but some unis go down on their offers if you don't quite make it so chose your unis wisely and you'll be covered๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ‘

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hollyht
A friend I know got in with ABC at alevel they will probably give you an offer of AAA but some unis go down on their offers if you don't quite make it so chose your unis wisely and you'll be covered

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi

Do u know which uni's those might be? Please, it will save me some good time to know like this way.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest