The Student Room Group

Paris restaurant refuses to serve Muslim women

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-37209605

The owner says that he won't serve Muslims because they are committing terror attacks in France.

Tbh he's ruined his own business- I doubt a lot of customers are going to go to it now that the owner is famous for being an Islamophobe...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Lol he's an idiot
People are going to stop going to this restaurant as a protest and he'll lose customers. Eventually, he'll have to change or his business will go bust.
Original post by squish562

The owner says that he won't serve Muslims because they are committing terror attacks in France.

Tbh he's ruined his own business- I doubt a lot of customers are going to go to it now that the owner is famous for being an Islamophobe...

He will probably pick up all the nutty right wing folk now; although I don't really understand why he's singled out muslim women when it's the man species doing most of the killing. Muslim women are mostly harmless
It's his right to ban them, whether he loses customers, that's his problem.
Guys... You forget France is a secular country. SMH.
Original post by champ_mc99
Guys... You forget France is a secular country. SMH.

So that gives someone the right to treat their fellow human as unequal? Ok then. SMH.
Reply 6
Wow! :eek: I am actually speechless :frown::redface: I just hope the women don't let it get to them although it is sad.
Original post by squish562

You miss out the fact that he has already apologised about his behaviour and is being investigated by the authorities.
Original post by iEthan
So that gives someone the right to treat their fellow human as unequal? Ok then. SMH.

by law yes. he can ban who he wants. sorry.
Original post by iEthan

Of course! No religion in France. They can kick out every religious person they want.

Maybe they should to truly exemplify their secular values.
I don't think as a nation that France should have the authority to control someone's business to that extent. If it's private property and a private person, then yes, they should have the right to ban who they want. People that disagree with their business practices will go elsewhere for the same goods if it bothers them.
Reply 11
Lol the only person that will suffer from this now will be him, so shame on him.
No surprise the Islamophobes will be quick to defend his discriminatory behaviour.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Razamataz666

That would be why he is being investiogated for racial discrimination the the local prosecutors and Dilcra.
Original post by iEthan

Discretion. It's up to the landlord/owner to decide. In this case, it's morally wrong, but there's not much you can do other than protest.
Original post by HAnwar
Lol the only person that will suffer from this now will be him, so shame on him.
No surprise the Islamophobes will be quick to defend his discriminatory behaviour.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you not think that labelling an opposition with a pejorative in such a way is harmful to constructive discussion?
Original post by Dodgypirate
Discretion. It's up to the landlord/owner to decide. In this case, it's morally wrong, but there's not much you can do other than protest.

Then why have DILCRA and the loacl prosecutors investigating him for racial discrimination?
Original post by AlexLawrence1453
Do you not think that labelling an opposition with a pejorative in such a way is harmful to constructive discussion?

Anyone who supports this restaurant owner's policy is Islamophobic to be honest. The guy hates all Muslims so he won't serve them. That's pure Islamophobia.
Reply 17
Original post by AlexLawrence1453

There's no discussion to be had, it's clear to see he's a bigot.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Razamataz666

Original post by champ_mc99
Of course! No religion in France. They can kick out every religious person they want.

Maybe they should to truly exemplify their secular values.

How utterly vile. Shame on you both.

Also:

Original post by 999tigger
That would be why he is being investiogated for racial discrimination the the local prosecutors and Dilcra.
Original post by HAnwar
There's no discussion to be had, it's clear to see he's a bigot.

Posted from TSR Mobile

OK, do you not think that using the term bigot as a method of dismissal is harmful to constructive discussion? If you don't agree with someone, you don't dismiss them, shame them and invalidate them. You first attempt to understand their position, then explain why you disagree with parts of it. If you want to actually change someone's mind, being a mindless zombie regurgitating buzzwords isn't going to convince anyone.

Quick Reply

Latest