The Student Room Group

Warwick or Southampton

Hi,

I have offers to do a MSc in Computer Science from both these unis and I am unsure where to go.

From what I hear, Southampton has a better CS department but Warwick as a uni has a better reputation.

What do you think? Which one has the better prospects?

(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
What course interests you more? Which uni has better industry contacts?
Reply 2
Original post by inhuman
What course interests you more? Which uni has better industry contacts?

That's what I'm trying to understand. I think that despite having maybe a weaker CS department, Warwick has the better prospects. This is my idea, i'm looking for people that might have some insight on this
Reply 3
Then maybe rephrase your OP, seems a bit vague regarding that. Anyway, this is not my field so good luck!
Original post by JCoelhoo
Hi,

I have offers to do a MSc in Computer Science from both these unis and I am unsure where to go.

From what I hear, Southampton has a better CS department but Warwick as a uni has a better reputation.

What do you think? Which one has the better prospects?

For CS, reputation does not mean sh?t. I've seen people from Lancaster university working at Google. I study at Southampton and been to the CS depart a few times, they've invested a lot of money into it so their CS department is probably the best in the uni, and it's not as boring as Warwick, as in there's actually a city where you can do stuff.

If you want to get a good job, study the theory hard core, get good degree classification, get internships, work on your own projects, become a free lancer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Both great, Warwick maybe edges it in terms of rep (the difference in rep will hardly even be a factor). Go to the uni you like the look and location of more.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending