The Student Room Group

Advice on how to get more UCAS Points?

Hi,
I currently have 230 UCAS points but the courses I am interested in require 280 or more UCAS points. I left school last year so I am unable to return to gain more UCAS points so I am unsure how I can gain more points? Is it possible or are my options limited? I would really love to be able to gain more points and get accepted to university so any help would be appreciated!
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Guest_21
Hi,
I currently have 230 UCAS points but the courses I am interested in require 280 or more UCAS points. I left school last year so I am unable to return to gain more UCAS points so I am unsure how I can gain more points? Is it possible or are my options limited? I would really love to be able to gain more points and get accepted to university so any help would be appreciated!

I know if you play any musical instrument you can get graded for it by either trinity guild hall or Rock school. For example a grade 8 distinction (the highest mark) is worth 75 ucas points, and as grade 6 pass is worth 5.
Original post by GS51892
I know if you play any musical instrument you can get graded for it by either trinity guild hall or Rock school. For example a grade 8 distinction (the highest mark) is worth 75 ucas points, and as grade 6 pass is worth 5.

Whilst it is true that some music exams can count, universities only usually include such points in an offer if they are relevant to the course being applied for, e.g. a music course.
Original post by Guest_21
Hi,

I'd suggest trying for a foundation course or an Access course, if you are eligible.
Reply 4
EPQ?
1. Google 'how to get more UCAS points'
2. Do something that you've found from step 1.

Alternatively (after having done step 1) you could contact unis that you're interested in, explain your situation and ask what they would recommend if you're hoping to get a place on one of their courses. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending