The Student Room Group

Is there a way of finding out how highly your results ranked?

I came across an older post on here where someone stated that they got the 5th highest mark accross the country for one of their A- Levels. Is there a way of finding out or would people be told if they had achieved the highest grades?
Reply 1
Original post by hudamh
I came across an older post on here where someone stated that they got the 5th highest mark accross the country for one of their A- Levels. Is there a way of finding out or would people be told if they had achieved the highest grades?

Exam boards used to send out certificates for it, but I think most exam boards stopped doing it years ago. I think CIE still do it, as do maybe the northern irish exam board. Not sure if there's a way of finding out from other exam boards, I suppose you'd have to email them and see what that they say.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Claree
Exam boards used to send out certificates for it, but I think most exam boards stopped doing it years ago. I think CIE still do it, as do maybe the northern irish exam board. Not sure if there's a way of finding out from other exam boards, I suppose you'd have to email them and see what that they say.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh I see, thank you for that explaination. I think I will email them!
Reply 3
In my experience it's not that rare to get full UMS in a subject so I wouldn't bother bothering them unless you achieve it. Even if they reply and do tell you that you came joint 4th it will still only be for that exam board, not for all people studying that subject in the country.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4
get a life

Quick Reply

Latest