The Student Room Group

long residence - student loan?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Shado123
Im going to be making my application for 2017, in february so im trying to get everything possibly prepared.
What exactly are they requesting regarding the list?
Do they want to know previous address and how long you were at each address?
Any insight would be tremendously helpful

For the addresses you have to put the full address including the postcode and then the day, month and year that you moved in and then moved out. If you can't remember the day i'm sure just the month and year will do. They ask for addresses in the last three years including your present address too
Original post by SR2596
For the addresses you have to put the full address including the postcode and then the day, month and year that you moved in and then moved out. If you can't remember the day i'm sure just the month and year will do. They ask for addresses in the last three years including your present address too

does it have to be massively accurate?
seeing as at the point of them asking for the addresses, they have already accepted all the evidence, is there any chance of them rejecting it somehow?
I'm planning on applying as soon as student finance opens in feb and i want to be as prepared as physically possible
Reply 42
does it have to be massively accurate?
seeing as at the point of them asking for the addresses, they have already accepted all the evidence, is there any chance of them rejecting it somehow?
I'm planning on applying as soon as student finance opens in feb and i want to be as prepared as physically possible

I would say to try and be as accurate as possible but if you lived at a certain address a while ago and can't remember the exact date (day/month/year) then I think just putting the rough month and year should be okay. And no as long as you have all your evidence to prove you're eligible and you've been in the UK for the time needed then you will be accepted, but yeah the sooner you apply the better just in case the ask for you to send anything else in..I applied in April but didn't get approved until the week before starting uni
Original post by SR2596
I would say to try and be as accurate as possible but if you lived at a certain address a while ago and can't remember the exact date (day/month/year) then I think just putting the rough month and year should be okay. And no as long as you have all your evidence to prove you're eligible and you've been in the UK for the time needed then you will be accepted, but yeah the sooner you apply the better just in case the ask for you to send anything else in..I applied in April but didn't get approved until the week before starting uni

Thank you very much
And yeah im thinking because il have absolutely everything they need, the application process should be done within 3-4 weeks, because they wont keep coming back to me asking for any evidence because theyll already have it
Hi guys, I don't know if you're all still in this chat/ forum but in need help. I have been reading this discussion and I find that you wee all in the same situation that I am in now. I have to apply to student finance on a long residency basis as I don't have an indefinite leave to remain. I guess I'm asking for help on what to do, and things to do that will help fasten my application because because when I rang student finance U.K. they said it could take longer than usual. The application forms are coming up and I want to be prepared so I could apply as fast and soon as possible. Thanks
Original post by younicorn
Hi guys, I don't know if you're all still in this chat/ forum but in need help. I have been reading this discussion and I find that you wee all in the same situation that I am in now. I have to apply to student finance on a long residency basis as I don't have an indefinite leave to remain. I guess I'm asking for help on what to do, and things to do that will help fasten my application because because when I rang student finance U.K. they said it could take longer than usual. The application forms are coming up and I want to be prepared so I could apply as fast and soon as possible. Thanks

In general:
Apply as soon as applications open. Not sure on the exact date yet. But expect it to be around mid February / March time
Send all the evidence they ask for as soon as possible.
Original post by Tiger Rag
In general:
Apply as soon as applications open. Not sure on the exact date yet. But expect it to be around mid February / March time
Send all the evidence they ask for as soon as possible.

Thank you
[QUOTE=younicorn;69874676]Thank you

Get started on requesting signed confirmation letters from schools. Bank statements and anything else that they can used for residency
Get started on requesting signed confirmation letters from schools. Bank statements and anything else that they can used for residency

Oh thanks I'll get my mum to call my primary school and all for an up to date letter
Original post by younicorn
Oh thanks I'll get my mum to call my primary school and all for an up to date letter

good good, also check to see if she has any tax credit letters with your name on it and stuff. literally anything that can be used to prove you were in the UK.
good luck mate, il be applying soon as well and i think i have pretty much everything i need
What’s the difference between status evidence and residency evidence. I have evidence I’ve lived in the uk from 2004- Current. But my limited leave to remain covers 2013,2014,2015,2016 and 2018 as in 2017 my documents were with the Home Office as my parents didn’t have the money to pay for the charges straight away so there was a delay , eventually was granted in 2018. Because of that I don’t have any letters of the sort for 2017 as my parent didn’t receive any state benefits and all over letters were in their name not mine as I was 16 at the time.
Just wondering what can I do ?
Original post by Hottywithabody
What’s the difference between status evidence and residency evidence. I have evidence I’ve lived in the uk from 2004- Current. But my limited leave to remain covers 2013,2014,2015,2016 and 2018 as in 2017 my documents were with the Home Office as my parents didn’t have the money to pay for the charges straight away so there was a delay , eventually was granted in 2018. Because of that I don’t have any letters of the sort for 2017 as my parent didn’t receive any state benefits and all over letters were in their name not mine as I was 16 at the time.
Just wondering what can I do ?

Hi, do they ask you to provide evidence for every year? Why can’t they contact Home office instead, surely that’d show whether you’ve traveled outside of UK or not
Is there any one still available on this thread, I need advice, please
Original post by SR2596

Hi are you still here, I’m unable to get letter from school. I’m a gap year student now and I keep contacting them for letters stating my attendance but they keep ignoring me and I don’t know what to do anymore, I’m literally panicking while I should be studying for my A levels (I’m a resit)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending