The Student Room Group

Gap Year Thread 2016/17

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by WhoDaresWins
I got AAA but never applied for Medicine last year so applied this year.
Currently got a part time job, I need to do more :/
I have applied for Medicine too (but I am reapplicant). Where have you applied?
Original post by Earth1
I have applied for Medicine too (but I am reapplicant). Where have you applied?

Manchester, Liverpool, HYMS and Leicester.
Expecting a rejection from Manchester because my UKCAT is probs too low (653.33)
Reply 142
Original post by WhoDaresWins
Manchester, Liverpool, HYMS and Leicester.
Expecting a rejection from Manchester because my UKCAT is probs too low (653.33)

Be positive!
Hi!
Oh my gosh I am so relieved to have discovered this! I have felt so alone because of my decision to have gap year, nobody seems to understand!
I am in year 13 and for personal reasons I have not looked at any unis, nor have I been interested at all in studying at one. It's basically too late now anyway.
I am interested in joining the legal profession whivh obviously requires uni, so I will probably go at some point! My targets for this year are 3 A* and I keep getting told that I need to go which makes me doubt even more!
I work 9 - 5 Saturdays at a pharmacy and I have been hoping to get more days this summer so I can hold a job over my gap year whilst having time to get work experience and earn money and look at unis. Unfortunately my boss has just hired hstaff for during the week and I have heard through the grapevine that nobody will be employed for extra hours, which seems to have shot down that path. I'm really anxious what to do now as I have no uni application and potentially no job. I have (today) passed my new that I need for my job, which is why I am keen to stay working in this field, as as well as providing me with new experience I think it would be pointless doing a course if you were to leave right after. There are other jobs I could apply for but then you have to start over again!

Any ideas?
I am looking to sell my paragon student accommodation contract: Block C, Floor 12, Room 278 - £146.90 per week. Looking to move out after first semester, in December. Get in touch :smile:
Have you seen the new propacker kit? Have a look online!

Quick Reply

Latest