The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

When does the freshers week start?

I have received an email i can move to my accommodation from the 25th but i thought the freshers week starts on the 19th? so what is happening?
Reply 1
I think med and international students move in early, then home students move in on the 24th and 25th, officially fresher's week starts on the 25th at the LCR with the Welcome Party.

If you see events for earlier they are probably either for med/international students or are unofficial and not affiliated to UEA
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Original post by Clur.M.
I think med and international students move in early, then home students move in on the 24th and 25th, officially fresher's week starts on the 25th at the LCR with the Welcome Party.

If you see events for earlier they are probably either for med/international students or are unofficial and not affiliated to UEA

Clur.M is right, officially most students move in 24/25 September which is when the main Welcome Week (Fresher's Week) events begin. There are some events for those who are international students, or if their course starts early. The other events are not official UEA events, and unfortunately are often local nightclubs trying to make some money out of unsuspecting new students. Stick to the events on the Student Union website if you're unsure :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending