The Student Room Group

Maths gcse retake ???

I'm thinking of retaking maths as I got a C but think I could get a B even though I was 20 marks off . I'm doing A levels at the moment which are biology , chemistry, geography and economics . Do you think I would be Able to handle it on top of maths gcse ?
Also because I feel like I'm limited with a C in maths and my choices for uni and courses are limited .
Original post by chubb890
I'm thinking of retaking maths as I got a C but think I could get a B even though I was 20 marks off . I'm doing A levels at the moment which are biology , chemistry, geography and economics . Do you think I would be Able to handle it on top of maths gcse ?
Also because I feel like I'm limited with a C in maths and my choices for uni and courses are limited .

GCSEs don't actually end up mattering too much for uni applications - most unis just care about A levels, they might want to know how many A*s or As you got but not really specific subjects or at least not that I'm aware
A levels are really difficult to manage especially at the beginning, it might not be worth spending time redoing that exam but its up to you anyway

good luck either way
Reply 2
Ate you sure that they don't matter as much because loads of uni that I saw require a B in maths . Also I juat feel like I will have more opportunities with a B in maths and I would only focus on them for 2 months as the exam is in 2 months
Reply 3
Hey thanks for the reply and I didn't do too well for my gcse I got 5 Bs in economics , geography , core science , additional science and English literature and I got 2 Cs in maths and English language and 2 D in French and art but there was a mistake with art so that could possibly move up .

I don't struggle that much like I go a B in the maths mock but I do find it hard. In the real exam I didn't get to a finish a paper but I found out that I got 85/200 however a B was very high this year .
What do you think ?

Quick Reply

Latest