The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

I'm a fresher living with second years HELP?!

Is it the be all and end all if I'm living with second years as a fresher?
It's my second time round going to university and I feel like I've failed (social life) before I've begun. There's a lot of pressure riding on my university experience this year since my last one was awful.

I don't know what to do for freshers as we may potentially not be able to go as a flat because we're not all freshers. And I can't go to other flats becuase they're all potentially second years too and may not even attend the university of manchester.

I made the mistake of applying for accomodation through the company that owned the halls instead of the university, not realising the difference it would make. The university students are in separate blocks and because I applied through the company it means I could potentially be with all second years. Is it the be all and end all?
People are people irrespective of what year they're in and you will make friends through other parts of your uni life like societies and your course. Be sociable and find common interests with the people you live with.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by alleycat393
People are people irrespective of what year they're in and you will make friends through other parts of your uni life like societies and your course. Be sociable and find common interests with the people you live with.

That's very true! Thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending