The Student Room Group

Transferring to Second Year

Hi

I started university in september 2014 and finished my first year in June 2015. Due to illness I interrupted my studies and deferred two exams to August 2016. I decided this year that I want to change my course, i applied for the course in another uni and they've accepted me for second year entry as long as I acheive a certain average for my 1st year grades. I have just got my results for the last two exams I had left from first year (which I took in August) and I've achieved the grades required. My question is how can I transfer my application? I tried applying as a returning student now and it gave me an option to change my uni and course, can I change my details through there or do I need my current university to send through my transfer? Also, will I still be under the old maintance grant/loan system that I was under or will I fall under the new 2016/17 loan system? Thank you very much!
Hi Onewayroad

You should be able to apply as a returning student and put the new course and university on the application. I would advise you to ask the university to send us a transfer notification also to confirm the course you are now doing.

Thanks
Reply 2
Original post by Pamela SFE
Hi Onewayroad

You should be able to apply as a returning student and put the new course and university on the application. I would advise you to ask the university to send us a transfer notification also to confirm the course you are now doing.

Thanks

Thank you very much. So the transfer notification has to come from my new university?
Hi Onewayroad

Yes, this is correct.

Thanks
Reply 4
what if you're currently waiting for your results to come out but your application has been approved and says course year 3 event though your results haven't been released yet?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending